PDA

View Full Version : Sources for swimwear?

Rachels
12-27-2001, 12:33 PM
Can anyone recommend some good sources for maternity swimwear? Everything I see seems hideous, but I'd really like to be able to swim during my pregnancy. Thanks!

Babs
01-03-2002, 01:20 PM
I got a great suit from Mothers in Motion, they have a web site. It's not the most stylish, but comfy and not too expensive.

suzska
01-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Have you tried Motherhood Maternity (http://www.motherhood.com)? I didn't buy a maternity bathing suit, but I did get a "dressy" dress from them last year that I wore to my DH's holiday office party and my cousin's wedding on New Years Eve--and it only cost me $14.99!! I really like the dress, and got many compliments on it (and nobody could believe how little I paid for it). There may be a store at your local mall/outlet mall.

Here's the link for their swimwear (some of them look nice, at least online):

http://motherhood.com/collection.asp?category_Name=Swimwear&Category_Id=1017&MasterCategory_Id=5&Pageison=1

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

ErinP
01-06-2002, 10:15 PM
There's a line of maternity clothes called STEENA at Macy's. I bought a very stylish black suit there for a trip I went on when I was 7 mos pregnant and it was also very comfy. It was a little pricey but worth it! I would have worn the same style in non-maternity. My advice is don't order one online unless you are certain it is returnable. (I got stuck with an absolutely horrible suit that I thought I would love) Good luck!

SylviaC
01-09-2002, 03:27 PM
If you'll be breastfeeding later I have to suggest Motherhood maternity for swimwear.
[http://www.motherwear.com/main.asp]

I bought the Tahitian tankini and just love it. It wears like a regular suit, although much more confortable, and the nursing openings are great and very discrete. It was expensive but way worth it. They even have some suits on their clearance pages.

caroliner
01-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Adidas makes some nice suits. They sell them at www.fitmaternity.com and some other places, just do a web search.

jflynn66
01-26-2002, 02:11 AM
I just was looking on gap.com and oldnavy.com and they have great suits for really low prices. You might want to check these out.
You're brave to be in a swimsuit while pregnant. Good luck!
jflynn66

caroliner
01-31-2002, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to add, if you are looking for an athletic suit for swimming try www.worldwideaquatics.com In the fun department, I just got a cute tankini made by Japanese Weekend, but bought at www.onehotmama.com It was cheaper there.

Rachels
02-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Thanks, everyone. I just bought the Adidas suit from fitmaternity.com. Customer service was very helpful with sizing, and my order arrived in two days. It fits very well but will clearly stretch as I do. I appreciate all of your suggestions.
-Rachel

nola
10-04-2002, 08:00 PM
If there is anyone else out there that is looking for good maternity swimwear, I was surprised by what worked for me. I wanted to swim laps and was looking for a comfortable suit. I ended up asking around and one of the other women swimmers had worn a standard Speedo suit that was a size or two larger than her normal size. I tried the same and it worked really well. My pregnancy is coming to an end very shortly and I still feel great in the suit. I had tried a few maternity suits and found that they were a poor fit and did not offer enough support. I was pretty surprised that the non-maternity suit fit so well.