PDA

View Full Version : My Brest Friend

Cindder
01-25-2002, 09:41 AM
I read in the book that this pillow was great. Has anyone usedit and if so, does anyone know where I can buy it on the web? A website address was given (zenoffproducts.com), but its not coming up. Thanks!

MinnieMouse
01-25-2002, 11:28 AM
After comparing the bobby to this pillow I went with the bobby and am not disappointed. The MBF has material that goes around your back and I didn't think it looked comfortable to sit with.

The bobby worked great for us...at 6 months now we don't use it much at all anymore...but I used it constantly for feeding, then also for dd to sit in.

HTH

Christine

egoldber
01-27-2002, 02:01 PM
A quick search on Yahoo produced this result:

http://www.shop.store.yahoo.net/medela/nurpilmyb.html

I have used this pillow for 6 months and I have enjoyed it greatly. My hubby also uses it to bottle feed. The part that wraps around your back gives great support and I find it very comfy. I really like that it velcros on, and so doesn't move around like the boppy does. In my Mommy group there about a half dozen people with the boppy. Some like it, some don't. Only a couple of us have the "My Brest Friend" and we both like it. In the end, you need to use what is comfy for you and works for you.

I actually bought mine in the hospital through the lactation consultants there. My pediatrician's office also carries them. I believe that BabiesRUs may carry them, but I'm not sure about that.

Catherine226
01-27-2002, 10:32 PM
I also used the My Brest Friend pillow. I had a terrible time getting the hang of breastfeeding, and position was so critical for me. The lactation consultant sold me on the pillow and a foot stool (which I purchased from the hospital). I couldn't breastfeed without either. It was like an extra pair of hands. I've never tried the Boppy, and I don't know if I would have liked the rounded shape. The MBF pillow is flat on top and it straps on and stays put. I'm due for number two in May, and I will likely purchase the inflatable one for going places.

jenfed
01-28-2002, 10:29 PM
I have both pillows and like them both! My daughter was really small when she was born and I couldn't nurse her with the Boppy because she sort of fell into the hole - the pillow doesn't come close enough to your body. The Brest Friend pillow came much closer to my body, like a platform for her to lay on. I found the Brest Friend to really help during those early days of latching on and proper positioning. The strap around your back is actually very supportive, but I hate that the velcro makes so much noise when removing it. I would have to put the baby down and leave the room to remove the pillow so I wouldn't wake her!! Now that the baby is bigger (5 months) I find myself using the Boppy more because she fits on it better now and I can slide it right on without dealing the velcro.

I have seen the Brest Friend at BabiesRUs and BuyBuyBaby. Also, Motherwear.com sells them online.

Cindder
01-29-2002, 08:59 AM
Thank you all for your help!!

hfshaw
02-21-2002, 06:09 PM
We're using a My Best/Brest Friend and love it. The velcro attachment is rather loud when you "unzip" it, but otherwise, it's a lifesaver. We have not tried the Boppy, which was the other pillow we considered.

The best price we found was on eBay -- new pillows for $18 + $8 S&H, no sales tax if you don't live in FL -- from a seller called "[email protected]". She seems to have a large supply of the Lansinoh-distributed version of the pillow, which is tagged "My Best Friend". The Ones distributed by Zenoff Products and their distributors are tagged "My Brest Friend". Other than that, they are identical pillows.

GreenIZ1971
02-21-2002, 09:42 PM
FYI - I bought an inflatable one at Babycenter, can't remember the price. Since one of the main gripes is size, figured just go for the inflatable one.

Of course, haven't used it yet....

Madelyn
02-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Back in Sept I was able to order a pillow direct from Lansinoh at 800-292-4794. They had an overstock and sold the pillow for only $10 with reasonable s/h. They also had nursing tops, camisoles & gowns for $5. Those are the items I got but they also had books and other items. You might call and ask if they still have a sale and they may be able to fax you a price list. The best thing about this pillow is that it is firm and doesn't mush down like the bobby. I have the boppy too.

rosteve
03-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Agreed - the velcro IS very loud - our little one always startles when it is "ripped" open.
Apart from that - fantastic pillow.