PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Stools or Ottomans .. which one is best?

newmomtobe
01-31-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these boards and was looking for some advice/input on the advantages/disadvantages of Ottomans vs. Nursing Stools. I have already purchased my rocker/glider and was thinking of purchasing an ottoman from the same place, however, I stumbled across the idea of Nursing Stools and its now become a harder decision to make. I know that the ottoman is more pricier than the nursing stool, I don't know by how much though as I'm also still trying to find out where I can find them here in Toronto, Canada. Also, am not sure if one is more comfortable than the other?

Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of time to purchase my stuff as I'm 37 weeks pregnant ...

egoldber
01-31-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, I have both. In my case, it was easier, initially, to get a comfortable position using the nursing stool. Once we got the hang of things nursing (and it takes a fewweeks) I started using the ottoman exclusively.

HTH,

Melanie
02-24-2002, 07:37 PM
I second the other poster, the nursing stool was necessary at first, but once you get the hang of it you can do without. It's good for using at the computer desk too, though.

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001