PDA

View Full Version : Bravado Nursing Bras

Cindder
02-01-2002, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase these bra's from a store? I would like to try them on first before I order online. Thanks!

KathyO
02-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Where do you live? I have never encountered Bravado in a large chain store, but more commonly in pregnancy/baby specialty stores.

KathyO

KathyO
02-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Whoops, me again. Here is a cut-and-paste from the Bravado website, www.bravadodesigns.com:

Our products can be purchased at retail stores, lactation centres and hospitals across North America. Please call us at 1 800 590 7802 for a current list of locations in your area.

Good luck. I wear Bravado and love them. The chest band was a tad snug in the last weeks of my pregnancy, when the baby was expanding my rib cage, but once nursing was underway they were perfect!

KathyO

Cindder
02-02-2002, 12:04 AM
I live outside of Philly. I checked a couple of maternity stores (Mimi, Motherhood and Pea in the Pod) no one had them or claimed to have heard about them....
I did order it online, but I wanted to try it on first.

Thank you for your help!

jojo2324
02-15-2002, 11:26 AM
I am curious if anyone else has encountered the same problem as me when dealing with nursing bras. I skipped right to the nursing bra because I figured I will be using those most. Anyway, I got two at Maternity Motherhood and after wearing the white cotton one I got a terribly itchy rash on the underside and bottom of my breast. I washed the bra several times and now the rash has gone away, but now my skin is really really dry and flaky. I need to use some vaseline to keep it moisturized! And of course I didn't read the instructions when washing the bra so I put it in the dryer and now it really doesn't fit...I don't like things that do that. I guess I need to be more attentive :) I swear, after the baby is born, I'll be back to normal. (Let's hope.)
Another thing: I see that Bravado bras are pretty popular. HOw much bigger am I going to get? I need some actual data, not what the books say. I was a 36D before I became pregnant. Try carrying those puppies around :) I am five months pregnant and I am wearing a 38E and I know that I am going to nearly explode when I get closer to the due date...what can I really expect? Anybody have similar proportions that could clue me in? I would truly appreciate it...thanks!

trumansmom
02-15-2002, 12:54 PM
I've had terrible luck with the Motherhood Maternity bras. I, too, recommend the Bravado bras. I was a 42DD before I got pregnant, I'm now nursing a 2 1/2 month old and I wear a 42 H. UGH! The good thing about the Bravado bras is that since they are more like a sports bra you have a little leeway as you grow or change size during the day even! Also they are incredible soft which was great during the early stages of nursing with sore nipple issues. Also, they snap instead of hook, which is sooooo much easier to do with one hand.

The only drawback that I can find is that they don't offer the same kind of support I was accustomed to before I started wearing nursing bras. However, they are so comfortable and because of the "t" style back, I don't get the backache that I sometimes get with lesser supportive bras. And frankly, at this size - nothing is going to hold these girls up!

I could rave about them forever. They are definitely the best purchase I've made in a while!

The cheapest place I've seen them onlins is www.nestmom.com I think they are $29 there, and $5 off one particular style. I paid $38 at a maternity specialty store in town, and still feel like it was worth it!

Hope that helps!

EricaS
03-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Expressiva Nursingwear has an Atlanta store. I found their site at www.expressiva.com They carry Bravado bras. Happy shopping!:) EricaS