PDA

View Full Version : Belly Basics Pregnancy Survival Kit

ormondbyseapreggie
02-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Should I buy this set? I need a good set of work clothes and I think I could mix and match well with this set, but I wanted to find out how good is the quality and whether it will last through several dozen washings over a few months time?

TaraNY
02-02-2002, 06:25 PM
I really, really liked mine and I have to say it held up very well. I even bought an extra skirt thinking that one would fade and a second would come in handy, but when I packed up my maternity clothes after my son was born, the second skirt was still in the packaging! I got more use out of the pants and skirt than any other clothing - they were stylish, durable and fit me better in mid-pregnancy when other stuff was still way to big. And I found they could be dressed up or down very easily, too.

Good luck with yoru pregnancy!

suzska
02-03-2002, 12:13 AM
I actually had a similar set from JCPenney, although they've now changed the pieces that are in it. Mine had a short skirt, a jumper, stretch pants, a tunic, and a striped short-sleeve top. Now it has a long skirt and bike shorts instead of the jumper and short skirt, and the striped shirt is replaced with a solid white one. I like the idea of the long skirt; I don't like the idea of the bike shorts. The quality of the pieces in the set (at least the leggings) was a little "heftier" than the regular leggings I bought from them. But all of them held up well! I was wearing them constantly (at least the leggings--I had about 5 pairs, plus a pair of jeans, a pair of khakis, and overalls) from about 14 weeks until my son was about 8 or 9 months old (when I finally broke down and bought pants with a bigger waist). I was lucky that I worked in an office with a "very" casual dress policy (most people show up in jeans), so I could wear maternity leggings and big shirts the whole time. And for now I'm a stay-at-home-mom (got laid off at the end of my maternity leave), so I still get to wear whatever I want. :-) Of course I bought everything from Penneys with a 25% off code, so the 5-piece set was around $50 (?), and the leggings were $13.50 each. I also got some nice maternity knit separates on the clearance rack at Target--long skirts and cardigans--that I would use for "dressier" occasions.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01