PDA

View Full Version : Plus Size Nursing Bras, Maternity Bathing Suits

Boogiemama
02-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi-

The few nursing bras that I have tried are very itchy. I am looking for all cotton or cotton/spandex plus size nursing bras (46 D, 46 DD, etc.) that offer good support.

Also I would like to find maternity bathing suits for plus size women. Any suggestions? All my extra weight was in my belly before I got pregnant, so non-maternity plus sizes that are just bigger are way too big in the legs and arms.

trumansmom
02-11-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm a 42 H and I know what you mean about itchy bras! The best supportive bra I've found is the Medela. But the most comfortable bra isn't quite as supportive, but still offers what I consider to be adequate support, is the Bravado bra. They are cotten and soooo soft and really saved me when I was going through the sore nipple phase. And I love the fact that they have snaps instead of hooks. With a little bit of practice, I've finally mastered the one handed re-attach!

And I know nothing about bathing suits - I'm not brave enough!

Hope that helps!

suzska
02-12-2002, 11:25 PM
There was a discussion further down about bathing suits, but I don't know if any of those sites carry plus sizes. You might want to look for it and check them out.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01