PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis question?

tilly2321
02-11-2002, 05:28 PM
I noticed on the estyle website that there are two versions of this pump, the disposable one and the one that comes with a regular bottle. Are they both compatible with both systems? I am going to try and breastfeed most of the time, but would like the luxury of having some stored breastmilk. Which one is better? Please, some help! This can be so confusing to me!
Thanks!
Elaine

daisy1234
02-11-2002, 09:27 PM
I just bought an Iris pump...I am due in April. I ended up buying the pump with the regular bottles. I prefer to wash the bottles and not have keep buying the plastic inserts. You can also pump right into these bottles then pour the milk into bags or another bottle if you choose. I guess it is just personal preference. I have to say that when I bought the pump at Target there was another couple standing with us and neither of us could figure out which one to buy...until we figured out the difference was the bottle that came with the pump. That is all I know at this point because I haven't used it. I would guess if you aren't going to use bottles that often you may want to go with the reusable/regular bottles!

GreenIZ1971
02-13-2002, 12:44 PM
I bought an Avent Isis that came with two reusable bottles. If you read the instructions, there's an adapter ring that allows you to screw in a disposable liner bottle. I think to use the disposables, you have to place the liner in the bottle holder and then screw on.

I don't know if both options convert (reusable to disposable and disposable to reusable) but I know the reusable (one with two free bottles) converts without buying anything else, to the disposable.

Of course, I haven't used any of it to see if all this is really true, or purchased a disposable to try.

Hope this helps,

tilly2321
02-13-2002, 04:54 PM
That did help! Thank you for all of the input. Of course the disposable one was the one on sale, but I knew I would probably end up getting the one with the reusable bottles anyway. I am glad to know that it comes with an adapter. Thanks so much!
Elaine

Shirale
02-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi!
Is the Avent a manual or battery operated pump? Do people like it? I am currently using a hospital grade pump (renting it) for my 2 month old, but we are going away for 10 days in 2 months and I need something portable for a onced in a while use...I am mostly just nursing. Thanks