PDA

View Full Version : Maternity sizes

jojo2324
02-18-2002, 09:55 PM
I live about an hour and a half away from the nearest store that sells maternity clothes. I am curious to hear what sizes you mommies-to-be need to purchase at different stores. I seem to be okay in M from motherhood maternity, but the gap stuff in M is HUGE! I lost some weight in the beginning of my pregnancy (due to that lovely all day sickness...for FIVE months!) so maybe that's why the Gap isn't fitting me so well. I was just wondering about other people and what sizes they are getting at different places; I have to do all of my shopping online and would like some comparisons so that I can avoid as much as possible all the money spent on sending stuff back.

suzska
02-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Before my pregnancy is was a size 8. I bought most of my clothes from Penney's, and I matched their measurements for a pre-pg size M. (I know Penney's tells you to buy based on your pre-pg size.) I think some of the stuff I bought at Target was a maternity S, but most of the stuff I bought was M. I gained 45 pounds before all things were said and done, but I started out a little underweight.

Now I'm somewhere between a 10 and a 12 post-pg. :-(

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

nycmomtobe
02-20-2002, 11:29 PM
My experience has been that Motherhood Maternity runs a little small and shrinks. I'm usually a small (size 6) and I bought mediums in their line. Gap and Old Navy run bigger. I have bought smalls and I really could have bought some xsmalls for the 2nd trimester. The smalls are fiiting me now that I'm in the 3rd trimester. Hope this helps.

Shirale
02-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi!
I too started out small pre-pregnancy (size 4) and was sick for the first 5 months, but once I began wearing maternity I found that the GAP size small fit until my third trimester (when I gained a huge amount of weight due to pre-eclapsia....)then the mediums lasted me through the end. I am now a size 8 on the bottom and a about a 12 on top...I loved the Mimi Maternity and Pea in the Pod. Mimi size mediums were great in the end of the pregnancy, Pea in the Pod ran somewhat smaller depending on the brand...good luck!