PDA

View Full Version : Motherhood Maternity

jojo2324
02-20-2002, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to let others of you know how impressed I am by this company. While the quality of the clothing is still under debate, (I have personally had trouble with their nursing bras and shrinkage; I know others have had some shrinkage issues as well.) I have to commend them on their speed and service. I bought my first few maternity things while in NYC and the ladies in the shop were very helpful and really quite funny, something my husband was appreciative of because he was really not looking forward to the hour I was about to spend trying on clothes. I also just ordered some clothing online because I do not have a store near me. The clothes were ordered later Monday evening, probably around 10:00 pm EST; 4:00 pm Tuesday I received an e-mail saying that the shipment was on its way. I just got it! It's noon Wednesday. I only wish that Gap was as fast...I haven't even received a shipment confirmation from them yet and their clothes were ordered at the same time.

jojo2324
02-20-2002, 01:08 PM
Okay, and I know that I just ranted about this store on another post only three days ago about the bra that shrank on me, but a pregnant woman is allowed her slip-ups, no? :)

suzska
02-20-2002, 11:28 PM
I also had a good experience with them--at the store. In 2000 I needed a dress to wear to my cousin's New Year's Eve wedding, and I was going to be a good 6 months pregnant at the time. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a dress I would wear maybe once. I found a very nice, long-sleeve, long dark blue dress for $14.99!! It didn't look very "maternity" at all. And I got MANY compliments on the dress. I also wore it to my husband's office holiday party and for my baby shower (hey, when would I get to wear it again?). So I paid $14.99 for a dress I got to wear three times! Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself. And the sales people were very pleasant at the store, too.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

bunkie68
03-04-2002, 11:54 AM
I just wanted to add a comment from a plus-size woman's point of view. I found a couple of cute dresses on Motherhood's website - the price was right (about $24 each), and I liked the looks of them, so I ordered. The service *was* great - very prompt, and even the dress that was backordered didn't take too long to arrive. And for the price, the quality of the clothes didn't seem bad. What bothered me was the fit - I ordered my pre-pregnancy size, like you're supposed to, but these dresses barely fit me when I got them, much less would they fit when I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant! :( So I had to send them back. A word of caution to the plus-size woman: If you're buying from Motherhood, the "plus sizes" may not be quite as "plus" as you hope.

asreitzel
05-03-2002, 03:09 PM
I have sworn I won't go to Motherhood anymore. Although the prices are reasonable, I hate the return policy. They will say "All the maternity stores have this policy", but what they aren't mentioning is that all of the main stores (Motherhood, Mimi, iMaternity, Pea in a Pod) are all owned by the same company, so of course the policy is the same. I need a dress for a wedding, but I can't even start looking there until a few weeks before or it probably won't fit by then. I am 7+ months and growing quickly. I have started exclusively shopping at Gap on-line and JC Penny where I can return as needed.

Rachels
05-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Agreed. The return policy is horrible. Also, I find that the fabrics are cheaper and the clothes more tent-like at Motherhood. Pea stuff is nice, but $120 for a t-shirt? No thanks. I had a great experience ordering from Gap.com, and babystyle.com is also very prompt. Shirts from Target haven't been the most stylish things I've ever seen, but are really comfortable and hold up better than Motherhood's stuff in the wash. Also, although I haven't ordered from them (I'm very close to the end of my pregnancy), the new Land's End maternity stuff is really cute and reasonably priced, and the return policy is one I can live with!