PDA

View Full Version : Poll- Favorite storage bags for breast milk

mlk
02-21-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey all,
I am about to return to work, and will be storing breast milk for the care provider. What is everyone's favorite bags. Have heard some concerns with medela and avent. Is Gerber the favored out there?

Zach's mom

TaraNY
02-21-2002, 10:47 AM
I love Gerber Seal N Go bags....love, love, love them! Never had a leak, easy to use, good air-tight seal, easy to "squeeze" air out of the bag.

MinnieMouse
02-21-2002, 01:35 PM
Another Vote for Gerber Here!!

I use them with the Avent disposable bottles and they are awesome...the only time they have leaked was due to operator error!! LOL

I originally froze my extra "stash" standing up and they froze is small fat chunks. This cause some sharp corners that would sometimes leak. I now freeze them flat which takes care of the sharp corner problem and it is soooo much easier to store them all in the freezer that way. Another bonus is that they thaw out quicker as well!

Before the Gerber ones, I tried the Avent bags...I wasn't happy with them. They leaked ALOT, even after I got some of their clips. I have a package of the Medela bags, but to be honest I never even opened them.

HTH

Christine

BTW...BRU, Walmart and Target all carry the Gerber bags. BRU is the most expensive...Walmart and Target are a bit cheaper...similar price point. BUT...Target periodically puts them on sale, I just bought out the store recently when they went on sale for $4.00 a box!!..usually $5.99. Since I am planning on pumping for a year...I think I have enough now to last me through July!

kgdolan
02-23-2002, 08:00 PM
I agree that the gerber bags are the way to go. I used up the box of Medela bags that came with my breast pump and so far haven't had any leaks, but haven't defrosted any yet...

The main problem with the Medela bags, aside from their price, is that the milk if frozen in a little chunk at the bottom of the bag & therefore takes up a lot of freezer space!! We're talking food vs breast milk here :)