PDA

View Full Version : Gerber & Evenflo nipples and bottles

pearl
03-04-2002, 02:57 AM
Hi! I've been searching for a feeding system to supplement breastfeeding my ds (due this April). I've recently run across Evenflo's Elite Wide Nipple Nursers and Gerber's New Traditions Nipples and Bottles. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these items positive or negative. And are these bottles compatible with the Medela Breast Pump? Any adfvice you can offer would be helpful. Thanks!

tobymc
03-04-2002, 10:28 AM
I would recommend instead the Avent bottle systems, for their slowflow and wider bases, which tend to be a bit better for babies. Overall I haven't been impressed with Evenflo and Graco breastfeeding products. I'm not sure if the Avent bottles are compatible with the Medela pump, but I found it easier to pump into the Medela bottles (that came with the pump, I didn't need many), then store the milk in bags. After I thawed the milk, I poured it into any bottle I wanted.

Also, since your son isn't even born yet, you might want to wait to see if you really will need a supplementary system. If you have trouble with your milk supply after your son is born, you might want to try a lactation consultant first.

Toby

trumansmom
03-04-2002, 01:53 PM
Avent bottles are not compatible with a Medela pump, but you can buy adapters. They cost around $7 or $8 a piece, and you do need to buy 2 if you plan to double pump. I found them through a search on Baby Center.

I've really liked Avent.

TaraNY
03-04-2002, 05:43 PM
I'd hold off before purchasing too many of any one system. I got a lot of Avent bottles as gifts and DS will not take them as he hates the clear silicone nipples. We ended up with Gerber nuk brown rubber nipples, and they fit the Medela bottles, too.