PDA

View Full Version : Maternity formal wear

Annette_C
03-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know where I could find a maternity formal dress? I have a very special occasion to attend in May (I'm due in June) and I've had no luck finding anything pretty on line nor at the malls. I'm getting extremely discouraged because I really need to look good at this party.
Thanks in advance.

Annette :)

suzska
03-09-2002, 12:08 AM
I know some people have complained about Motherhood Maternity (and shrinking T-shirts), but I got a "formal" dress there for $14.99! I actually got to wear it three times--my husband's office holiday party, my cousin's New Years wedding, and my baby shower! And I got many compliments on the dress. With something that you will probably only wear once, shrinkage probably isn't a problem. And I personally can't see spending a ton on something you can't/won't wear more than once or twice.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

jojo2324
03-09-2002, 07:19 AM
My best bet would be the maternity sites...imaternity.com I believe has the three major ones covered (motherhood maternity, mimi maternity, and pea in a pod). Maybe babystyle has some stuff too? Also, try punching in something along the lines of maternity formal wear into a search engine like Google. I've had a lot of success with that. I'm sure that I saw some pretty nice things at pea in a pod...It's just so expensive. But formal dresses are expensive anyway.

kgdolan
03-10-2002, 08:17 PM
I was in my sister's wedding when I was 34 weeks pregnant. I looked everywhere for something to wear. What I finally did was get a regular formal dress at Rich's ( a department store like Macy's) in 3 sizes bigger than I usually wear. I ended up getting a slightly stretchy black velvet dress with a tie in the back. It fit great and was so much cheaper than Pea In the Pod etc. I wasn't sure how big I would be and wanted to get my dress early. I bought about 4 dresses in all and saved the receipts and left the tags attached vowing to wear whichever fit best on the big day!!

Incidentally, I was HUGE in the wedding, but the black velvet did a good job of hiding it!

Goodluck
Gail (mother of Jack born 1-16-02)