PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for non-maternity maternity clothes? I was -

shall85296
03-26-2002, 07:07 PM
I have found another great source for non-maternity clothes is J.Jill.
I think they sell mostly from catalogs, but have just opened a store near me (Phoenix). The clothes are made for comfort, and offer a lot of great weekend-wear alternatives ( I'm just not willing to do the panel yet.)

nina
04-01-2002, 09:33 PM
I ordered maternity wear online at Gap.com and found them to be reasonably priced, fit great and did not make me feel "pregnant and bloated wearing only ugly maternity wear". Watch for sales and "free shipping" specials and you can get great deals. I also have some Pea in the Pod clothing but find that I'm wearing more Gap stuff.

akc
08-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Hi - I just wanted to post to share a discovery I made the other day. I have a variety of Pea in the Pod & Mimi Maternity clothes and they are my staples for day in and day out, but I really wanted something for when we go out to dinner or to social functions that looked cute & current. My hubby calls it my desire to be "hip pregnant chick"! Just something about it makes me feel like I'm not ballooning all over when I go out.

Anyway, I popped into Anthropologie & they had a number of things that worked great for me (I'm 6 mos). They make a bunch of tops that are in a soft, stretchy fabric (I got two that are in a double-layer mesh type fabric - they are so comfy next to your skin & they will stretch as you get bigger & work after you have the baby and can fit in your clothes again!) They have tunics & button downs that would work as well. If you have black pants or a skirt, you are set! They also had some dresses & some stretch pants (I'm not an under the belly pant wearer, but almost all their pants would work if that is your style). I attached a pic of one -

Anthropologie is not actually in my city (Baltimore - I went to the one outside of DC) and I don't think they are everywhere, but the website is www.anthropologie.com and they have most of their stuff on there.

I don't work for them or anything. Just a pregnant 29-yr old trying not to feel like a beached whale!

akc