PDA

View Full Version : Medela Pump in Style w/Avent bottles

wingate702
03-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if the Medela Pump in Style is compatible with the Avent reusable bottles? Any help is appreciated!!

Cheryl

zoethebeagle
03-20-2002, 01:13 AM
Yes- the Medela Pump in Style is compatible with the Avent reusable bottles but you need to get the Avent breastfeeding adapter kit. I think it's around ten bucks- I can't remember- and it has a special screw on top for the Avent bottle that the pump can screw into. Keep in mind that Avent packages it as a single screw on adapter.

I just bought one and then I use one of the Medela bottles that came with the pump (my pump came with four) for the other when pumping both sides at the same time. You don't even need to buy the Avent adapter if you just pump into the Medela bottles and then transfer your milk into Avent bottles. I think it's good to have. It's up to you.

Erika
Caleigh 9/11/01

kk
04-02-2002, 02:11 PM
I agree with the above post. I only had one adapter- I pumped into the Avent bottle and the medela collection bottle, and dumped the medela collection bottle contents into the Avent bottle and had a full bottle ready for the fridge. KK

littlecindy
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
DS would only take avent nipples. but i found this adaptor / conversion kit that would make my medela pump in style PIS work with avent products:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp149884_333181_sespider/philips_avent/breast_pump_conversion_kit.htm

i didn't want to use the avent bottles because of the BPA issue, so i'm using their via "disposable" containers instead:

http://www.aventamerica.com/products/disposablefeeding.asp

it's been GREAT. use the one piece adaptor, pump right into the via containers, put the lid on and bring to daycare. the she just uses the nipple with another adaptor (comes with the via kit) and there's his bottle!

only thing i don't like is the VIA containers can leak if you're not careful about putting the lid on just right.