PDA

View Full Version : Breast pump from kidalog.com

karenm
03-20-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks to the high recommendations in several messages, I am considering buying a breast pump from the Canadian company kidalog.com but I am concerned about any extra customs or duty fees that might be added by U.S. Customs. Neither the local post office nor the company could provide any help. Does anyone have any experience with or advice on buying from this company or other Canadian companies? Thank you for your help!

daisy1234
03-25-2002, 08:23 PM
My girlfriend bought one from Kidalog.com and didn't have any extra charges and it was shipped to the US. I bought my glider from Canada and there were no hidden or extra charges either! I hope this remains the case!!!

Rachels
03-26-2002, 08:47 AM
I also got my glider from a Canadian company with no additional shipping charges, taxes, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Canada again. It seems to be cheaper much of the time.

TaraNY
03-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Same here...not only were there no extra customs fees or duty charges, I got great service from kidalog.com. They even included articles about breastmilk storage and advice on pumping. (I also ordered a glider from a Canadian company...same great service and great savings!)

gitapet
04-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Thank NAFTA. This treaty, despite some negative effects, did have the positive effect of letting us buy stuff from Canada with our strong US dollars without having extra duties added. The only big Q on any canadian purchase is how much the shipping is going to cost.

GreenIZ1971
04-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi, I ordered 3 cloth diapers and a Bravado bra from them. The bra and one dipe shipped immediately, and the other two dipes were backordered. I had to call twice last week to get an update on the backorder... and basically, they had lost it. But claimed they were sending it immediately.

All in all, they're friendly, the price is right, and if I have to remember to double-check on backorders it's no different than places I've ordered from in the US (or stores I shop in), and at least I don't have to go to the store over and over to see if what I need has arrived yet (BRU). A phone call is easier...

I've ordered other stuff from Canada and no problems with customs or shipping. I think the Canadian post has more quirks than the US (judging by the Canadian cloth diaper makers who advise me to buy insurance) but the timeframe was the same as getting something from one side of the US to the other.

Rachels
05-01-2002, 01:12 PM
I got the Pump 'N Style from Kidalog and got our glider from another Canadian company. There were no hidden costs, taxes, fees, etc. at all. I saved a small fortune ordering from Canada and would do it again without hesitation.