PDA

View Full Version : Hands-free attachment for Medela PIS?

TaraNY
04-03-2002, 12:11 PM
I think I've lost my mind... :) I swear I remember reading somewhere that you could get a hands-free kit for Medela pump flanges so that the flange somehow attaches to your nursing bra. Is this true? If so, where are they sold?

Thanks,
Tara

trumansmom
04-03-2002, 02:11 PM
They do. I bought a set from a medical supply store in my hospital. It's designed to attach to Medela bras. Unfortunately, I was never able to use mine. I'm absurdly large chested and they don't make the little connector jobbies big enough. Mine cost around $10 or $11.

I've also seen them on e-bay.

Hope that helps.

MinnieMouse
04-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Despite what they are trying to sell you...you don't need to buy a thing. The secret is RUBBER BANDS.

Make sure you have a nursing bra that attaches on the top and place a rubber band around the "neck" of each of the horns...and hook the other end on the "hook" part of your bra. You have to support the horns at first until the suction builds up a bit.

I have been hands free pumping for months at work now...in fact I am pumping as I type this!!

If you have any questions about it..give a yell!

Christine

merilevy
04-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Yes, they call it the pumping-free attachment kit, and it works with Medela nursing bras (not sure if it works with other brands). We sell it at store.yahoo.com/nurturecenter for $10.60. If you can get over feeling like a cow attached to a milking machine, it seems like a good idea.