PDA

View Full Version : newborn avent nipples

nina
04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
anyone know if these are "fast" or "slow" flow? I plan to try to breastfeed as well as use a bottle with pumped breastmilk, and I've heard it's important that the nipples are not too fast because the baby will then like the bottle better (less work for them). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1st time mom--counting down.

trumansmom
04-08-2002, 03:30 PM
The newborn nipples are "slow". My 4 month old still uses them at daycare for expressed milk and is fine with them. However my friend's baby, who is formula fed, has long since gone on to a bigger size.

Good luck on the countdown!!

Mommy2Q
04-12-2002, 10:40 AM
You can also use the Maws nipples with the avent bottles. There is one that is designed to be similar to the breast. The baby controls the flow by its suck. I found that my baby that was breastfead would not take the avent nipple, but the baby store where I shop said to try the Maws nipple and it worked great. Another good thing about them is that you don't have to change it with the babys age. It is made to change with the babys suck so it is good for them right through.

Melanie
04-27-2002, 02:46 PM
I recently tried moving my son up to the Level 2 nipple, big mistake. He's used to sucking so hard at the breast that he drank the whole thing in about 5 minutes and wanted more! Definitely stay with the slowest flow you can get.