PDA

View Full Version : Career Maternity Clothes

StantonHyde
04-28-2002, 01:03 PM
I know I am not the only 30 something manager expecting her first child out there. So where are the career maternity clothes?? I am not going to wear floral or bizarre patterns in a meeting with a bunch of suits. I have casual days on Friday--not every day of the week. Please, is there some place that sells blazers and normal (not boot cut) pants???? If Talbots made maternity, that's what I would buy. I have tried Motherhood and Mimi--online and in store and there isn't a blazer there. Help!!

GreenIZ1971
04-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Try MaternityMall.com. A Pea in the Pod is part of the website, and I know they have career maternity wear.

I would also try maternity resale shops... the price of career maternity wear is outrageous (in my opinion) and if it's as poorly made as other maternity clothes, you definitely don't want to pay full price.

Also, you may shop some plus size clothing stores - I got by quite a while in some plus size pants and shirts. They may have more options, at lower prices. Skirts would probably be even easier to shop for in plus sizes...

Good luck,

Tracey
04-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Try these:

www.annacris.com

www.mbmaternity.com

jojo2324
04-28-2002, 10:36 PM
I would also try babystyle. I know that they have a few mix and match pieces (skirt, slacks, jacket, shirts) and their stuff is nice, though a bit pricey.

StantonHyde
06-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Thanks to everybody who replied--I checked out several websites and then happened upon a Maternity Leasing site. Yep, you can lease maternity clothes. And, what may be even better, you can purchase previously leased suits at a big discount. I worked with Professional Expectations and Classic Maternity. I bought two suits (navy and black) for $100 each. (Much better than Pea in the Pod--$300-400!)I leased two summer jackets--$50 for 6 weeks. At the end of that period, you can either renew or send it back for something else! You can get a slimmer or larger fit or transition seasons or just make sure you don't get sick of your clothes. The leasing option is still cheaper than buying and since I know I won't be able to "plan" having my second child at the same time, I don't want to buy what I wouldn't use. Some cities actually have stores that lease. I am leasing by mail and am very satisfied.

LAMom1120
06-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Hi......

I had luck at Dan Howard (now called iMaternity). I had my baby back in November. I don't know if you're planning on nursing, but i found an AWESOME line of nursingwear clothes. They have great styles that are appropriate for work and formal occasions. I wore a dress to a Wedding.....it looked like any black tie dress. The url for the site is www.expressiva.com. They reasonably priced and also have great deals on clearance items.

Check it out. I have a bunch of their stuff.
Good luck!

LAMom1120