PDA

View Full Version : Generic for Nutramigen or Alimentum?

wolfpups
05-04-2002, 11:37 PM
I mostly breastfeed my daughter, but supplement on occasion. The difficulty is she is allergic to regular and soy formulas. Is there a generic for Alimentum or Nutramigen? It runs $25 for a can of these powdered formulas.

mommymaria
05-05-2002, 10:29 AM
We tried both of these for my son while trying to rule out a formula sensitivity. To my knowledge there is no generic for either one of them. At least most of the Similac/Enfamil coupons are also good for their respective easy to digest formula.

Maria

wolfpups
06-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the info. I didn't think that generic existed, but figured I would give it a try. (sorry it took so long to get back.)

zoethebeagle
06-23-2002, 10:16 PM
My daughter is also allergic to regular and soy formulas and uses Alimentum. A friend of mine suggested submitting a letter to your insurance company from your pediatrician/ allergist explaining her allergies and explaining that the hypo-allergenic formula is the only formula she can take. My friend had a chunk of her formula costs reimbursed to her by her insurance because she did this.

By the way- the cheapest I have found the new Alimentum powder is Buy Buy Baby for $20.99 per canister.

Good luck with the allergies!