PDA

View Full Version : Petite Maternity clothes?!?

mom2be
05-09-2002, 07:10 PM
I need help! I'm just under 5'ft and am having a very hard time finding pants that fit! Prior to my preg days I wore Gap Kids jeans with the adjustable waist. I just outgrew them. I know Gap and Old Navy ankle length but their pants gap in the back and I feel like my pants are going to fall down. I'm about a size 2-4 and I really can't find pants. I've tried Motherhood but their petites have the panel all around (I don't like this). It's okay now because I've been wearing capris (which look like cropped pants) but I'd love to have a pair of black pants to wear out and comfy pair of jeans. Any ideas?
Thanx! Bren

sophiesmom
05-09-2002, 07:17 PM
I bought all my maternity jeans at motherhood (i'm 5' 2"). They just had the "pouch" in the front, and I loved them, especially the flare leg ones. The lengths were great on me (I also wore 2" wedge heels all the time!) I did buy a 'flowy' type material, black kind of dressy pants at Dan Howard maternity, but I think the store changed names and I'm not sure to what. I also bought petite size maternity capri pants from JC Penneys (which I guess you have those already though). Have you tried Gap Maternity? I never bought their pants, but bought a lavendar linen matern. shirt online and loved it!
Good luck!

suzska
05-09-2002, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing that your inseam is under 28"--that's the shortest that Lands' End will seem to go. Some of their things come pre-hemmed (jeans at 28, 30, or 32; others I've seen at 29.5), some don't.

You can order these twill pants unhemmed and maybe do them yourself or find someone who can do it for you if you don't sew if you need something shorter than 28". They come in black.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1930_34725_61689_42979_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=8219060111320170060

They came out with their maternity stuff after I needed it, so I can't say what they're like. But, hey, it's Lands' End. They'll take 'em back if you don't like them.

Good luck!

hellollama
05-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Do you have a Kohl's near you? It was the only store I could find that carried petite maternity pants in the store (other than motherhood, and I don't like the panel all the way around either). Kohl's carries petite jeans and twill pants in tan and black. If you don't have a Kohl's near you I believe you can order from their website. And they are cheap. The stretch twill pants are currently on sale for $21 but I've seen them cheaper than that on more than one occasion. Good luck.

mommymaria
05-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Last year I found some petite maternity pants at Sears. Nothing fancy, just some khakis and black pants with some spandex for stretch.

Some of the designer brands at Pea in the Pod are more body-hugging which may help with the fit (not sure about the length, though). Unfortunately, they are pricey, but they have some decent sales and you would save on tailoring.

Good luck.
Maria

mom2be
05-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Thanx! I checked out their web site and I think I'm gonna order some this weekend! I thought shopping for maternity clothes would be fun...it's kind a pain! Hee hee. I guess it's all worth it in the end! I have another ultrasound on Tuesday and am so excited to see my lil' one! Thanx agian

mtle
05-10-2002, 05:36 PM
I had luck at Kohls and JC Penney's for petite maternity clothes. The good thing about Penneys was that you can order on-line, and there is usually a discount code you can use.

mes14
05-13-2002, 04:31 PM
I had great luck with Gap Maternity. I'm a little over 5ft and what worked for me were their capris. The inseam on these pants were long enough to reach my ankles. I also had a problem with t-shirts being too long. The shirts at the Gap are much shorter and fitted, so they were very flattering on me.
I love how you can order online and return the unwanted items at any Gap store. The Gap also has great specials, usually you get free shipping if you spend over $100. Their maternity clothes are very generously sized, so you might want to order a size smaller.

LailaCa
06-03-2002, 11:15 PM
I bought my clothes at Motherhood and Mimi Maternity (same company owns both stores). I am five foot two and have a real problem with length. To combat that I only bought capris which have worked out well. Of course I do live in California which does help...I did not have snow or stormy weather to worry about. When it was too foggy and chilly though, I did wear my thermals (long-johns) underneath the capris and rolled up the thermals.