PDA

View Full Version : labeling bottles in the freezer

adamsmom
05-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I am about to have baby number 2. I used the Avent Isis pump and stored milk in the Avent bottles for number 1 and found it to be a great system. The only hitch was the tape I would put on the bottles to date the milk would always fall off. If I tried to put the new ones in the back and just rotate that way I was always nervous the bottles had shifted. I saw a rack which would rotate the bottles but you could only use the bottles that came with the rack. Has anybody seen a rack that would hold the Avent bottles or have another idea?

luvbeinmama
05-15-2002, 04:27 PM
I just used milk storage bags in the freezer, you write right on them and toss them after use.

MinnieMouse
05-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Same here...I use the Gerber bags...you lay them flat to freeze and then stack them on their sides ...saves TONS of space.

Christine

kk
05-18-2002, 01:57 PM
I agree with the above posters. The best writing tool on a milk bag: fat black Sharpie marker. Kristan

bjiang
05-18-2002, 08:07 PM
Someone else asked the same question on another message board and someone suggested China pencils/markers. Here is the link. Hope it helps.

http://www.breastfeeding.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003598.html

SylviaC
05-30-2002, 04:03 PM
I used dry-erase markers on the hard plastic part of the lids. It stayed on and wiped right off with a little windex if a dry paper towel didn't work.

belindapooh
06-24-2002, 07:41 PM
I store milk in the avent bottles too as well as gerber bags. I use sticker dots and write the date on them and put it on the avent disc. They come right off by pulling or using a dish sponge in the sink.