PDA

View Full Version : Gerber Breast Milk Storage Bags & Disposable Nursers

ralar
05-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Does anyone use Gerber Breast Milk Storage Bags with a nurser (instead of the nurser liners)? Which nurser works best with the Gerber bags: Playtex or Avent? I've heard that one nurser leaks more witht he Gerber bags, but I don't remember which one.

I'll be returning to work in a few weeks and figure that if I can freeze and serve in the same bag that would be easiest. Breast Milk storage bags are so darn expensive!

--Laurie

MinnieMouse
05-15-2002, 10:58 PM
I use the Gerber Bags with the Avent disposable bottles. I haven't had any real problems with leaking...once in a while day care has a problem but that is because they don't make sure the nipple is in correctly all the time.

My dd is now 9.5 months and I have been working and pumping since she was 12 wks....and I've used them the whole time and it is SOOO easy to freeze them.

I generally rotate in a frozen bag every MWF and put the fresh one in the freezer that I would have sent in to day care. I also keep one frozen back up at day care at all times...rotating that each time I bring in a new frozen one. That way when the nipple isn't in correctly and dd gets a milk bath (they have only done this 2x) there is an extra bottle for her.

HTH

Christine

Catherine226
05-16-2002, 02:23 AM
I used the Gerber breast milk storage bags with the Playtex nursers without any problems. I found it to be very convenient. I used the Medela bags for freezing and storage at first, and those leaked in my freezer a lot (I could never get those twist ties right). I also discovered that the Medela pump fit snugly into the cap of a Playtex nurser and with a "drop in" liner, I could pump directly into the nurser, cover the top with plastic wrap, and use within the next day (I did this occassionally; I did not freeze milk in liners). Mostly, I pumped into the Medela pump bottles and transferred to the breast milk storage bags for freezing and serving or transferred to the nurser with liners. I only had to freeze milk over the weekend.

Catherine

kk
05-18-2002, 01:56 PM
I used Gerber bags with Avent disposables. The Gerber bags worked better than the Avent. Unless the design has changed in the last year, I would say the Avent bags suck. Kristan