PDA

View Full Version : Dr Brown's bottles? Do they work?

Shannah
06-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi there,
Has anyone tried the Dr. Brown's bottles? Did you notice an improvement with gas, spit-up, etc? My son seems uncomfortable after feeding and he has GI reflux. I am breastfeeding and supplimenting with formula. Before trying to change his formula I was thinking of trying this bottle. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Shannah & Liam (4 weeks)

egoldber
06-16-2002, 06:45 PM
If your baby has been diagnosed with reflux, then changing bottles probably won't help much, especially if you are only supplementing with formula. Changing formula is also unlikely to help. It couldn't hurt to try a different bottle. I have 3 friends with reflux babies and what seemed to work best for them (besides medication) was lifestyle changes (keeping baby elevated after feeding, having baby nap in carseat, elevating crib and changing table, etc.) But now at 10 months, their reflux has pretty much gone away. Hang in there, it gets better!

HTH,

loewymartin
07-09-2002, 10:46 AM
My daughter doesn't have reflux, but she was filling up with gas after each feeding and spit up a lot each time. I tried the Playtex Nurser bottles, the Avent ones and now Dr Brown's. I think she's doing the best on the Dr Brown's bottles. She will spit up occassionally (which is normal) but nothing like before. I also feed her almost sitting up, make sure there aren't any bubbles in the formula, make sure she burps and I don't lay her down until about 20 minutes after she finishes. All this seems to work!

Michelle - Alia's Mom