PDA

View Full Version : breast pumps on ebay

heatherbm2000
06-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Has anyone ever bought a breast pump on ebay. I'm thinking about it (only one that's new) because there are some good deals, but I'm nervous that if it doesn't work for some reason I won't be able to return it. Should I spend the extra $$ for peace of mind?

novbb
06-21-2002, 10:40 AM
I am not sure about the ebay idea, I have bought a few things there and always have good luck, but I might wonder about something like that a little. One thing I would definitely check on though if you have insurance is whether they cover the cost of it. I have Medica Choice Select(Minnesota HMO) and they cover 80% of the cost of the nice Medela pump in style. You have to call them and have your doctor order it for you after the birth and then they have a med supply company send it to you or you can pick it up if you are close by. Anyway, that is the cheapest way for me to go, and that way I am getting brand new equipment. It was listed in the policy under durable medical equipment.

camommy
06-22-2002, 12:08 AM
I did not buy mine on e-bay, but got a great deal on the pump in style at babycatalog.com. It was 198.00 including tax and shipping. It is a 2002 model that included a battery pack. I do not know the price of them on e-bay or the return policy at baby catalog.

Good luck,
Stacey

jenneric_2000
06-22-2002, 09:30 AM
I too got mine at babycatalog.com and it was $189. The return policy is once it is open (there are seals on the box) it is yours forever. I would go this way versus ebay, personally. I have bought many things on ebay (including a new maclaren stroller which I love!) but I wouldn't risk anything *so* personal.

Good luck!

tzuchang
06-23-2002, 02:02 AM
I bought my medela breast pumps on ebay for $200. It was brand new, but then the motor burned out on me only after 4 months. I contacted Medela for warranty coverage, but they would only honor warranty if I bought it from an "authorized" dealer. In addtion, I would need to present the original purchase receipt (which I never got)

Just be aware of warranty coverage when you buy from ebay.

dueinapril
06-26-2002, 09:46 AM
Hi, I bought the Medela Pump in style traveler on e-bay. It is new, not used. This is the newest model for Medela, it comes in backpack style. I noticed that the 'shoulder bag' (brand new)was cheaper than the backpack b/c it is an older style, but I specifically wanted the backpack one. I think the sellers name was something??-expressed (maybe best expressed??) but I got it in box, brand new, on time, works great!! I was scared for a minute that it didn't work b/c it wasn't 'sucking' the way it should, but then I found out I was using it wrong, I tested it with only one pump attached and didn't plug up the other port for the other tube. Once I attached both to me, it worked great and I have been using it ever since. Since this was a newer model and more expensive than the shoulder bag, I only saved about $40 but that is something...good luck!
Jennifer

loewymartin
07-09-2002, 10:43 AM
I bought a Medela Pump In Style on ebay from "expressions of love" (seller). Brand new pump, and it included a lot of freebies that the seller threw in.

I pumped for the first 6 weeks as my daughter never latched on to my breast. I then switched over to formula. Since I used the Pump In Style every 2-3 hours for 6 weeks, I can say it's an excellent pump! And purchasing it on ebay saved me quite a bit - I paid $182 plus $15 shipping.

Michelle - Alia's Mom

sljacobs
07-11-2002, 09:12 AM
I bought my Pump in Style from www.Mothersbest.com. They ship the same day you place the order and the Shipping was free. I received the pump in 2 days. They have a three month installment plan for the pump, no finance charge 99.50, 49.75, 49.75. You can pay with either check or credit card. They also sell other pumps. Check them out I was very pleased with their service.

sjacobs

rebekah
07-11-2002, 10:11 AM
I'm going to be a stay at home mom. Is it necessary for me to buy one of these Medela pumps or will a manual or battery run pump be sufficient for someone like me?

blnony
07-11-2002, 10:18 AM
There are several websites selling the Pump in Style for about $189.00. It is the new model with the battery pack. Knox Breastfeeding is one of them, and I've used them before. They have great service.

dubbogod
07-11-2002, 12:51 PM
>I'm going to be a stay at home mom. Is it necessary for me
>to buy one of these Medela pumps or will a manual or battery
>run pump be sufficient for someone like me?

I am also a stay at home mom and I really advise the Avent Isis manual pump. It truly is awesome, and I've found it works just as well as the other electric pumps, but is quieter and less hassle. I know some working moms that even use it. You can buy it used on Ebay, and I don't see the problem as long as you sterilize everything, but it is still only about $45 new at Target, etc. And you can get it online at www.babyproductsrus.com for about $44 including shipping.