PDA

View Full Version : feeding system for working moms

pearl
06-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Hi! I finalized plans with a home daycare provider for when I return to work in September. Luckily my babysitter doesn't mind accomodating my desire to use expressed breastmilk for my baby's feedings (he'll be 4 months old by the time I go back to work).

I was wondering what system others have chosen to use for when they return to work. I'm playing around with the idea of frezzing my expressed milk in Gerber storage bags and using the disposable playtex bottles. I'm also thinking of purchasing the Milk Mate storage system and usng those for daycare feedings.

Does anyone have any input or other iseas for storing breastmilk and/or which bottle system would be best for daycre use? So far my baby is not very picky when it comes to bottles and nipples. We've experimented with several different kinds (playtex, gerber, avent). Thanks for your opinions which I value very much.

jenneric_2000
06-29-2002, 10:01 AM
I personally loved the ease of the Gerber bags, you can pump into them, store them flat, use them in the disposable playtex nurser (or avent) and throw them away! Plus I read on here that one mom found they defrost quicker when frozen flat...and that is true!