PDA

View Full Version : BLIS Breast Leakage Inhibitor System

katzenkowz
07-13-2002, 05:47 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this system? I found it at nestmom.com, and would like to try it but need some reviews. It's a plastic shell that applies pressure to your nipples to prevent leaking, vs the standard shell that just collects the leakage or the pad that absorbs it. Thanks

sbirmantaz
10-16-2002, 01:00 PM
Also wondering about theses? Anyone use them? thanks!

cara1
10-16-2002, 01:15 PM
I don't know what this is, but why would you need it? I just use breast pads (my personal preference is for disposable, but you could use reusable). Can't see how comfortable plastic shells would be.

redchannah
10-21-2002, 09:17 PM
I have them and used them once, when I was sleeping bc I was leaking so much by the time she ate. Well I sure didn't leak but it felt like my boobs would explode!! My baby also sleeps like 10 hours a night so I think I just needed to get rid of some milk. But as far as wearing these puppies out, don't think so. Unless your into the Madonna/breastplate/mushroom boobs look. HTH.
Carlene
I second the breast pads

nickykzo
10-23-2002, 06:48 PM
I agree that I'd just use breast pads. They work really well. One note, I tried the cloth washable ones and I tried the disposable ones, and I ALWAYS leaked through the cloth ones, very quickly, but I have never leaked through a disposable one. Also, they keep the nipples pretty darn dry. I'd go with disposable ones.

HTH

Nicky

suzette
10-29-2002, 01:06 PM
I've been leaking since my second trimester :-(

The best disposable pads I've found are by Lansinoh...they work SO MUCH better than the rest. I can only get them locally at Super G, but they have them online as well.

www.breakoutbras.com is the best site I've found for nursing bras and they also sell these pads.

Good luck!
Suzette