PDA

View Full Version : pump milk to gerber bag?

tzuchang
07-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been pumping mile directly into Medela bags.

I heard Gerber bags are better for storage, and I would like to know if I can pump directly into Gerber bags (with twist tie?) Please let me know about your experience. Thanks!

jenneric_2000
07-17-2002, 12:54 PM
when I was pumping I did this...didn't use twist ties, just zipped the ziploc as far as it would go an held it on. You have to hold the horns anyway, so it wasn't any more awkward.

hope this helps!

MinnieMouse
07-17-2002, 02:48 PM
I pump into the medela bottles and then transfer it to gerber bags every night.

I found this easier to do for a few reasons.

- Bottles are easier to transport in the cooler section of the bag.

- The oz markings on the bags (avent too) aren't the same as on the bottles... I think it depends on how the bag "sits" on the counter. The bags show has MUCH higher amounts than the bottles do. 4oz from the bottles show as close to 6oz on the bags.

- I am NOT a prolific pumper. Sometimes I would get as little as 1.5 -2oz during an entire pumping session ...total from both sides. So to pump directly into bags would have just been wasting them.

Each night I come home and balance out all the bottles of milk I have from that day and pour it all into the gerber bags. That way everything is measured correctly and I have the exact amounts I want in the freezer in each bag.

HTH

Christine