PDA

View Full Version : Decent Jeans

Pauliegirl
07-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone(s) out there can give me some recommendations for a pair of jeans and/or jean shorts. I would prefer the under belly band type. So far I've gone and tried some on at Motherhood, and Mimi. JC Penny's had no pants and all the shorts had a front panel and Macy's carries Motherhood. What gets me is they're pretty expensive and they look like crap. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pauliegirl

P.S. We're going on vacation in a week and a half and I'll be 12 weeks by then and my Jones of NY jeans that I love, I already can't button. So if I order online it has to be w/in the next few days.

Momof3Labs
07-24-2002, 12:48 PM
Have you tried Japanese Weekend? They have under-belly styles. Also, check older posts under this thread - there has been extensive discussion and recommendation surrounding underbelly styles. I personally don't care for them, but one piece of advice since you are on a tight time frame - try to find out how well they fit in early pregnancy. The whole one-size-fits-all-months mentality for maternity clothes can leave you swimming in the early months and growing out of everything at the end!

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

suzska
07-25-2002, 11:26 AM
I know you want the underbelly style, but I had the JCPenney ones with the panel in, and liked them very much. Of course you have to wear something out over them to cover the panel, but for me they fit really well and were comfortable. They are the "Classic Jeans" on the website, I think, and are around $25-$30. They only have the panel in the front, and have two pockets in the back, so they almost feel like regular jeans. I wore them for a long time after Evan was born ,too. (I also had the ones from them that had the snaps that moved, but I didn't like them as much--the waistband was too heavy.)

I was just at the Penney's site, and found these that say they have the under-belly elastic. Since I didn't have these, I can't say how they look. They're $29.99. You can click on the "alternate view" to see the waistband.
http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.asp?DeptID=597&CatID=11053&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=051b049&ProdSeq=6&OffSet=6&ProdCount=11&Cat=denim&Dep=women%27s&PCat=maternity&PCatID=658&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=11&RecPtr=&SearchIn=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&Shopby=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=

The only denim shorts I saw had the tummy panel.

I know you want to order soon, but if you can wait until this Sunday (July 28), here's a code to get you 30% off regular priced or clearance priced clothes (10% off sale priced clothes). If you got the flyer in the mail, you can go to the store Sunday night (4pm to 9pm) to get 30% off clothes at the store with the coupon. You can order online or from the catalog all day Sunday to get the 30% off. Anyway, the code is: BTSVIP. I'll repost the code separately for anyone else that might not read this message.