PDA

View Full Version : breast pumps on ebay? differences in medela pumps?

jks
07-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Help! I am a first time mom and am just diving into the whole breastfeeding issue. I would love to try it, but it all seems very complicated. I have a couple of questions, actually.
First, has anyone bought the Medela Pump In Style from any of the sellers "thebabybungalow" "[email protected]" or "moms-milk" on ebay? They are selling kits for about $185, which seems like a great price, but I want to make sure that they are reputable. The other place I am considering purchasing from is the Canadian website kidalog.com. Their prices are low, but it seems like you have to buy the battery pack or car adaptor separately, which raises the price to about the same as the ebay sellers. I assume that Medela will refuse to honor a warranty from any of these sellers, which leads me to my second question: Do these pumps break down enough that I should stick to an approved retailer and pay about $100 more?

mspacman
07-27-2002, 09:30 PM
I bought an Ameda Purely Yours pump from Heidi Humphries, who sells on ebay as [email protected]. She also has a website, http://www.mothersmilkbreastfeeding.com

Shipping was very prompt and it came with a bunch of samples and coupons. The pump is in fine shape after 6 months, but I'm a SAHM and haven't used it more than once a day on average.

Momof3Labs
07-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Have you looked at www.babycatalog.com? They have a Pump in Style for $188 with free shipping, and you can return it unopened if you change your mind about bf or pumping. And, I believe that you keep your warranty because you will have a receipt, etc.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

Rachels
07-28-2002, 09:33 AM
Breastfeeding can be complicated at first as you and your baby learn how to do it, but once you get the hang of it, it's quitw wonderful. Don't hesitate to hire a lactation consultant or to find LLL meetings-- the support and teaching of other women can really make the difference between frustration and success. My baby had latch-on difficulties, and even though I had read all the books, I was incredibly sore and stressed. I hired a lactation consultant, and was extremely quickly able to nurse in comfort. If you want to breastfeed, there's a way to make it happen. Good luck!
-Rachel