PDA

View Full Version : large size nursing bras?

pshontz
07-28-2002, 01:47 PM
I've been reading your previous recommendations for comfortable nursing bras for larger sized women and that has helped a lot. I wore a 36G before pregnancy and am wearing a 38-G now (Cabernet regular underwire bra from Dillards department store) though I *really* need a larger cup. I recently ordered some 38-I nursing bras (Medela, Fancee Free and Bravada) from Breakoutbras.com and Motheringwithease.com -- great prompt service and good prices. But the bras themselves are not comfortable -- mostly, they're not really supportive enough for me. The Bravada one will probably be OK for sleeping but definitely not for wearing out! The other two are OK ... one is underwire, one is not ... but they still sag. So far, following links on previous messages, I think that Birthandbaby.com looks very promising. Any other suggestions? We have a local breastfeeding clinic where I'm going to take a breastfeeding basics class in August (I'm due in September) and they sell bras there but I don't know what kind.

Thanks ... these boards have been so helpful!

Priscilla

laura_winckler
07-29-2002, 05:59 PM
I ordered from birthandbaby.com and found their customer service and prompt delivery to be excellent. I haven't gotten to try them on yet since I'm still hugely pregnant, but I was able to send in my measurements and get suggestions for my size. In the "fitting room" section of the site, they discuss different shapes of breasts and then tell you which bras fit which shapes. Overall, a very useful site.

Zansu
08-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Priscilla,

Check out this link:
http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/PlusMat%20Clothing%20FAQs/PlusMat_Nursing.html#Information Regarding Nursing Bras and Nursing Clothes

There are several brands recommended for larger-busted women, and contact information is included.

HTH
Suzanne

pshontz
08-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Thank you! That link was MOST helpful!

mary b
08-19-2002, 07:16 PM
hi Priscilla,
do you have a "Women's Health Boutique" near you? The manager at Motherhood suggested it to me since they didn't have any in my size. They were wonderful and very helpful. I also had the Fancee Free and Medela and found the Medela soft (seems like a workout bra) to be my favorite. They measured me (so much fun!) but I am glad that I spent the time and the $$ because having a bra that fits is so important during pregnancy and after!

Good luck!
Mary