PDA

View Full Version : Contoured nursing pads?

mmdanfor
08-05-2002, 01:31 PM
At 29 weeks pregnant, I am leaking enough colostrum that I get giant wet spots on my shirt unless I wear nursing pads. Last week, I bought a giant box of evenflo pads from our local pharmacy. They absorb leaks just fine, but look absolutely terrible under my clothes. The problem? The pads are flat, and I am decidedly not--meaning that they bunch and fold inside my bra.

Is there such a thing as nursing pads shaped like me? What specific brands should I be looking for?

Meg in Indiana

christic
08-05-2002, 02:07 PM
Try Lansinoh pads, in a purple box available at Wal-Mart and Target. They're contoured and also have a bit of sticky tape to keep them in place in your bra. I've tried Gerber which were ok, sort of form fitting, but Lansinoh are the best.

jojo2324
08-05-2002, 02:59 PM
lansinoh are good for a bit of discretion, but be advised that they are a bit more expensive (I think that I got a box of 70 for $10). II would use the Evenflo or J&J ones when you don't really care how you look. I found the Lansinoh pads at CVS too. KMart might have them; mine didn't, but they did have the nursing cream and breastmilk storage bags, so maybe they were just out.

joaninhak
08-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Anyone know of the washable nursing pads, I have a box of the Lansinoh disposables, and they just make me so hot, i don't like the plastic backing. I have the Avent washables and they are very comfortable and soft, but they are not contoured.

Jo
Joshua 7-18-02

laura_winckler
08-05-2002, 07:25 PM
I always liked Leading Lady diposable nursing pads, which I buy at Motherhood. When you first put them on, they are noticeable under the shirt, but they sort of warm up and form to you in a few minutes. They were the best I found at stopping leaks. I found washable pads to not be very effective.

kerriflan
08-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Johnson & Johnson make a disposable contoured nursing pad that I buy in my grocery store. They seem to work pretty well for me for absorbtion and aren't too noticeable under my shirt. They are also the best price as far as what's offered in my grocery store... about $5 for a box of 50 (or maybe it's 30, I can't remember).

I also use Avent washable pads and I like them but they are not contoured and can be noticed if you have a fitting shirt. THey do save you money though.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Kerri

mmdanfor
08-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I picked up a box of lanisoh pads AND a box of J&J at Target, and both seem to work pretty well. I just wasn't planning on needing this so soon!