PDA

View Full Version : Avent disposable bottles

nina
08-09-2002, 12:50 PM
I am currently breastfeeding my DS and will return to work soon. I have been using the regular Avent bottles, but have a few of these disposable ones from the All-in-one-starter pack.

Of course the nipples used are different, so I would have to purchase more....

Does anyone who uses these disposables find them easier to use , or better in any way? or is this personal preference only?
Also, DS likes his breastmilk warm, so can these liners be heated and then installed in to the bottle, or do you heat after it's put together?

Thanks!!

egoldber
08-09-2002, 02:00 PM
I think that disposables are great for travel. I bought a disposable set for travel and now I use them all the time since it was so convenient. I also use the drop-in liners (which can be used in most bottle systems) and they make it even more convenient. The regular bags have to be put in just right or they leak. With the drop-ins I have no problems.

I have never heated bottles, so I can't help you there.

HTH,

Gagesmom
08-18-2002, 05:43 PM
The drop-in liners don't work with Avent. I used the Avent disposables quite a bit, I really liked the bags cuz I could freeze breastmilk in them and then defrost and feed from the same bag. To defrost, I would just run under warm tap water or sometimes set in the Avent bottle warmer on lowest setting. They are nice since they collapse as the baby feeds, lessening gas, and the nipples that you use with disposable system are the same shape as regular AVent so baby has no problems. I really liked the disposables for the baby-sitter, as she could just throw out the bag and I wasn't left with bottles with yucky old milk in the bottom when I picked up my ds. I used both the disposables and the regular with my ds and was very happy, I plan on the same when my daughter is born this fall.
Oh, I forgot, you put the bag into the bottle and then warm up the entire bottle, in answer to your question!