PDA

View Full Version : Nursing bra for smaller types

over 40 mom
08-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi -

Can someone recommend a good nursing bra for smaller breasted women - currently in my 8th month and a 34B - that's also padded? I'm definitely one who needs less of a bra but would like soft padding.

Thanks!

mamahill
08-26-2002, 07:25 PM
I have an underwire bra from Motherhood (it has a hook closure), a couple underwire snap closures from Target, a soft cup with hook closure from Target and a sports bra from Target. We're on a tight budget, so although I had heard great things about bras like Bravado, they just weren't doable. Plus, being smaller-breasted (34B before pregnancy, 36D the week after delivery - LOL - and now 34C), I don't think I needed a lot of support, which is what I think is the biggest complaint regarding nursing bras.

As far as the padding goes, you'll probably want to wear breast pads (those first trips out in public, I wore two in each cup because I had a let-down reflex akin to a dam breaking), and that will make up for any padding you are used to. I'd buy just a couple right now that are a little bigger than you are (to allow for pads and a slight increase in size) and then wait to see how big you get when your milk comes in (it really is amazing!). You can buy disposable pads, though because they seemed more cost-effective, I have washable ones (though I have a few disposables in the diaper bag as back-ups). Although my let-down reflex has come under control, I continue to wear breast pads just in case, and to avoid the "hello I'm cold" look ;) - something I never had to worry about with my Victoria's Secret water bras!

HTH - sorry so long!

sophiesmom
09-10-2002, 07:35 PM
A padded nursing bra....!! Boy do I wish I found one of those!! I looked everywhere and couldn't. The nursing pads didn't do enough for me. I ended up so sick of how i looked in the nursing bra ( nursed for almost a year), I just wore my regular padded ones and hiked them up for nursing... and guess what, ended up ruining all of them!! (they are dented). If you come across any, please post back!!! Thanks.

Rachels
09-11-2002, 06:12 AM
Crossover bras are great. Check the Elita Microfiber Crossover Bra on www.sierrablue.com. It's all I wear. SO comfortable. HTH!

elaine_l
09-11-2002, 06:12 PM
I recently bought a new nursing bra at www.sierrablue.com and I was really happy with them. Excellent prices, good selection, and I received my bra very quickly - several days sooner than I expected. They appear to have a reasonable try-and-return-if-necessary policy, though I haven't had to try it.

I recommend the Bravado nursing pads (even though their bra didn't work for me) - they are expensive but so much better than any others I tried. More comfortable, more absorbent, and aren't as likely to show through as strange lines. And they're on sale at sierrablue right now.

Gagesmom
09-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Motherwear has all kinds of excellent nursing bras...you'll want breast pads even if you find a padded nursing bra, tho-otherwise when you leak, (and you will) it'll soak into the bra and stay wet and will contribute to sore nipples. You'll also probably be amazed at how much bigger your boobs are once your milk comes in-I was a nearly-A cup pre-preg, a nearly-B cup while preg and a full C cup while nursing. You may find you don't want or need the padding.

LAMom1120
09-19-2002, 02:57 PM
First, congratulations!!! The last 8-10 weeks go so fast so enjoy every minute of it. I am also small chested. I bought a bunch of different nursing bras before my son was born, but in the end, bought several bravada bras. They are "sports bra" like. they don't have extra padding, but are soft cotton and really comfortable. The have snaps (easier for me than the eye hooks) but most of the time, I just pull the fabric down to the side. They are pretty easy to find, though I ordered mine through Expressiva Nursingwear's website when I was ordering some nursing clothes.

Anyway, good luck!

laurie