PDA

View Full Version : Belly bra - does it work?

mali
10-06-2002, 01:45 PM
I saw an ad for the belly bra (the kind that covers your whole chest and belly) and wondered whether it worked. I am 30 weeks pregnant and on my feet many hours of the day. The pressure on my bladder and back is starting to get uncomfortable.
The cost looks a bit high to me (about 45$), but a few weeks ago I wore my old bathing suit (non maternity) and the tight support felt great.
Is it worth buying it or just getting a regular tummy belt?
Mali

Rachels
10-06-2002, 06:03 PM
I had great luck with just a belly belt. There are some earlier posts about it. It's a lot cheaper, and did the trick for me during that long final stretch.

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

joodyjr
10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
After reading reviews of the belly bras on epinions.com I opted for the belly belt instead of the full getup. Most complained about it being itchy and hot. Plus the reviews of the belt were pretty good. However, after trying the belt several times, 1. It didn't seem to make that big of a difference and 2. My baby hates it. She kicks and kicks at it when I'm wearing it, making me more uncomfortable then before i had it on. (She also likes to kick the belt monitors they put on you in Labor & Delivery!) If the bathing suit felt good, maybe a full one will do the trick, but you might want to find some fleece or something to put between your skin and the bra.