PDA

View Full Version : Avent nipple question

suzette
11-25-2002, 10:22 AM
My daughter is two months old and I'm still using the "slowest flow" nipples that came with the Avent bottles. When should I buy the "next" nipple. How do you know when to change?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Momof3Labs
11-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Suzette,

If your DD is happy with the slowest flow nipples, just keep on using them. I was told to consider switching when my baby became frustrated at the slow flow, or if it took him forever to finish a bottle. Since Colin is primarily breast fed, he's still perfectly happy with the slowest flow - which is still faster than mommy's flow!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

cara1
11-25-2002, 01:47 PM
My DS (nearly 10 mos) who also breastfeeds still uses the slowest flow Avent nipples. I think the package even says that it is for newborns AND nursing babies. So I never changed. :)

Shirale
11-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Us too! DD is 11 mo and we still use the newborn ones. We tried the next stage, but she never liked it- liked what she was used to instead!! HTH!

suzette
11-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Thanks so much for the responses! I'm still breast feeding so I'll stick with the slowest nipple.

camommy
11-26-2002, 02:27 AM
That makes me feel better. My DS is 8 months and we are stil using the slowest flow nipple when he gets a bottle. I am still breastfeeding and did not want him to get used to a faster flow nipple with the bottle and then get frustrated when i wsa nursing. SO we are still with the slowest flow nipple. I am glad that I am not the only one, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.
Stacey

MinnieMouse
11-26-2002, 04:41 PM
My dd is breastfed and had a bottle during the day at daycare from 3mo to 12mo....we used the "first" nipple the entire time. We switched straight to a sippy cup at 1yr along with whole milk and still nurse when we are together. She made the transition without even blinking!

HTH

Christine