PDA

View Full Version : PIS and nipples. . .

spence1
01-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Will any brand of nipple fit on the bottles that come with the PIS? Does anyone have nay objections to/problems with those bottles? The nipplis all look like different sizes in the packages, so I didn't see how they could be interchangeable. How do you know what nipples will fit what bottles? I was hoping to be able to buy different kinds of nipples to try, without buying a ton of different bottles.

Zansu
01-08-2003, 04:23 PM
The nipples that come with the PIS are Nuk (although they don't say so). I use Gerber and Medela bottles and rings interchangeably. I do have to use the matching cap for whatever ring I've used on the bottle. I buy Nuk nipples separately, as DS likes the rubber ones, rather than the silicone ones that came with my pump. I've never used the nipples that come with the Gerber bottles; I just toss them out.

I like the Gerber bottles. They're cheap, you can find them anywhere, and they come in colors if you get bored with clear.

I think that Evenflo may also work, but I've never tried them.

HTH
Suzanne
W&P for Benjamin 5/1/02

egoldber
01-08-2003, 05:21 PM
For all the "regular" width bottles (not wide mouth bottles), I think that the ring size is standard. I used my Johnson&Johnson nipples and rings on them just fine. And you can always just put your brand of nipple into the Medela ring and use it that way too.

HTH,