PDA

View Full Version : Do you notice less gas from your baby when bottle or breastfeeding?

MichelleL
01-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Hi all!

I was out of town on business for 3 days(the 1st time away from DS)! :'( :( It was tough but I survived. The only thing that helped me thru was that DH was able to be with our ds the whole time! He fed him all ebm from the Dr. Brown's bottles and our little burp/spitup king was no longer spitting up reports my dh!! YAY! We thought! Well, I have been home 12 hours and the burp king is back! I am wondering...Has anyone else encountered this? I love breastfeeding but hate to think that it's me or my positioning that is giving him all this gas! What to do, what to do...I don't want to pump all the time! Right now it's going to take me a little while to recover from the 3 days of pumping as it is!

Any comments, suggestions?

As always, TIA!
:)
Michelle L

newbelly2002
01-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Wow. Three days of EBM. I'm in awe.

Glancing at your post at first, I thought "oh her baby must be so much older. Oh the days when I can go away for three days. . ."

Then I looked at the date to find that your DS is three weeks older than Dante! Kudos to you for both the breastfeeding adn the idependance to go away. I'm considering doing a writer's retreat when Dante is around 1 and already feeling intense guilt (and receiveing guilt from some friends who are also parents) about it.

Hope the trip was succesful.

Paula

Momof3Labs
01-14-2003, 07:03 PM
We've noticed that Colin spits up less from a bottle than the breast, also. But I think that it is because of overactive letdown. And I definitely won't stop nursing because of it - a little spit up never hurt a baby!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

MichelleL
01-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi Paula!

If it were up to me, I would not have gone at all. I am a flight attendant and this was my first trip back to work since Mikey was born. It was VERY difficult to leave. I was balling at the airport when my husband and ds dropped me off. But, I kept his photos close and called home every chance I got and it was okay. My DH will be watching our ds whenever I work so like I said before, that is the only thing that makes it okay for me on the inside. Starting in March I will be working part time (6-8 days a month) so that will be easier than full time. I've been doing this for 14 years and just can't see myself totally quitting. I really enjoy my job.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I think the writer's retreat sounds like a great idea. Is it just for a weekend? I think anyone who would make you feel guilty about considering going is not thinking about your best interests. They are probably jealous or envious. I think but often to forget to live by the kudo that "A happy Mommy makes for a happy baby" so don't forget to treat yourself well. Dante will be just fine. It's amazing that they can actually exist without us sometimes! Just kidding! I can only say this now since I took the leap and spent time away. A great thing about my situation is that just in 3 days I can tell that my DH and ds are closer already. That also makes for a happier baby I believe.

Good Luck, whatever you decide! This is just my 2 cents!
;)
Michelle L