PDA

View Full Version : Undergarments - Where not to buy them

readmiller
01-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I have had fantastic luck with clothing from the maternity shops, except for one item...undergarments. Stay away from undergarments at the main maternity stores like Motherhood and Mimi Maternity. The cotton panties from Motherhood lasted through 2 cycles in the washer and dryer before the elastic came apart. The nylon/cotton panties at Mimi lasted 1 1/2 months before the seams came unstitched. Unfortunately, you have no recourse with these stores either since their return policy is incredibly strict, regardless of whether or not they sell you a very poor product in the first place.

Hopefully someone out there will have some advice on a good place to buy underwear!

Momof3Labs
01-27-2003, 11:38 PM
I liked Target's floral maternity underwear. They aren't big enough for your final month or so, but they are nice and stretchy for the first two trimesters, when your pre-pg underwear is too snug.

They ran about $8 for two pairs and held up fairly well. Plus, I was able to use them right after delivery until I shrunk down - my other maternity underwear was too baggy once there was no baby in there!

Also, try stretchy stuff in larger sizes from regular lingerie departments!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

bnme
01-28-2003, 09:10 AM
I never bought maternity underwear. Towards the end I just bought the biggest jockey underwear...I think called "briefs". They wash well and have been useful after as my belly goes down.

addiemae
01-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I got some great underwear at Burlington Coat Factory..
Name is "While You Wait", comes in a 3 pack, and is either
6.99 or 9.99. ( I think it's 6.99) They look kinda lacy, leading me to think they wouldn't be comfortable... Was I wrong! They held up throughout my whole pregnancy and are VERY comfortable. And I am still waering them!
The drawers I paid through the nose for at Sears and Motherhood all fell apart after 3 or 4 washings. Motherhood being the worst.
Hope you can find some.
Annie

Rachels
01-28-2003, 10:42 AM
The Bravado underwear is incredibly comfortable. I wore the underbelly style. You can buy it at www.breakoutbras.com.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
01-28-2003, 12:35 PM
I'll give a second vote for Bravado! I wear their over the belly/across the belly style and I love them. I just wish I'd forked over the money for them in my first pregnancies and avoided the other horrible underwear that I've worn! They are costly but totally worth the price. I searched around on the web and found a good deal on them at a reduced price and free shipping (a couple of months ago). I believe that mine came from www.katieskisses.com Look in the "Mom" section and under nursing bras. They are there if you scroll down. 2 for $18. It looks like www.breakoutbras.com that Rachel mentioned has the same deal right now with free shipping. Look under the nursing section and then Bravado. Good luck!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003
Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

ScrapNancy
01-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Believe it or not I have been very happy with the maternity underwear I found at Walmart. I just throw it in the washer and dryer. So far they are hanging in there very well and they are cheap!

Nancy EDD 5/16/03