PDA

View Full Version : PEACHES

jojo2324
02-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that those will NEVER make an appearance in my son's diet ever EVER again. I thought I was going to pass out. Shawn came running upstairs to see what all the commotion was about. Good thing he didn't seem to like them that much. Okay, that's all. :D

Rachels
02-10-2003, 10:42 PM
:)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

atlbaby
02-10-2003, 10:52 PM
That is too funny (though I feel for you!)--was this Gannon's first experience with peaches, and were they fresh or jarred? Arielle ate fresh peaches morning, noon, and night when they were in season over the summer (toothless no less!) and from your description I would have remembered a reaction like that! And I would have kept her away from them :)...

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

jojo2324
02-11-2003, 12:42 AM
They were jarred and it was his first time with them. I think part of it may have been the rice cereal I mixed them with and the formula he got the night before. Maybe I am being a little too harsh on the fella. We'll give 'em a go again in the morn, sans cereal. At least I am prepared for what might occur in his skivvies... :D

mamahill
02-11-2003, 03:15 PM
If peaches are a problem, do not (and I repeat, do NOT) attempt blueberries. Ainsleigh loves yogurt, so I thought, 'Why not blueberry yogurt?' Why not?! Because it is the foulest thing you will ever smell. A little bit blueberry-smelling, but NOT. And the color? My gosh, the body does not change the color of something that dark. And I think I spied a couple whole ones in there (though they're pretty small by the time they make it into the yogurt). And despite my best efforts to time feeding her blueberries so that DH will have to change the mess, I somehow always end up with it (much to DH's amusement). It is so bad I found myself gagging. And lighting matches. And even the cats left the room. Add to that, that Ainsleigh suddenly has a fixation with shoving her hands into her nether-regions as soon as the diaper begins to come off, and you have Ainsleigh squealing with delight, mom gagging and trying to go as fast as possible so we can leave the room ASAP, and then mom yelling, "No! Don't touch... Oh gross! Look at your hands... No DON'T look at your hands... Not in your mouth..." Do mothers ever feel IN control?

newbelly2002
02-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Oh My goodness, Sarah, you had me laughing so hard I almost woke Dante up. In control, absolutely not. At least, not here. Poor Dante has the trifecta going on of constipation (who knew pumpkin could have that effect?), a bad cold, and teething. We've been saying here that he's leaking out of the orifaces that should be stopped and stopped in those that should be leaking. Poor soul.

And poor Mommy. Because without having read Joanne's post this evening, I fed him peaches for the first time. And then a few tablespoons of prune juice mixed with a bottle of water to "get things moving." I'm dreading, really really dreading, what the diaper is going to be like tonight/tomorrow morning. He's already in bed, but some diapers in the past have been bad enough that we have listened to them over the monitor. One was bad enough to wake us both--all--out of a sound sleep. At which point there was a oh-so-mature race as to who could get their finger to thier nose faster and say "not it" first.

Good to know that one's parental skills are not equated with one's maturity.

Sweet dreams.

Paula

cara1
02-11-2003, 05:05 PM
My DS love blueberries, and we have no problems on the other end. Raisins, on the other hand, have come out whole. :)

mamahill
02-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Over the monitor? Oh NO! Good luck with the impending diaper... :D

newbelly2002
02-12-2003, 12:41 PM
All I can say is Joanne you were so so so right.

The morning was fine; nothing in the skivvy dept of the peach or prune vareity. Steve watched Dante from 10-2 for his "shift" while I worked and then passed the babe to me at 2:00. I pick him and say "Dear Lord he is stinky." STeve says "really, didn't notice. Gotta go."

Yuck.

Perhaps we'll return to pumpkin tonight.

Paula

jojo2324
02-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Paula, I typed up a whole thing about laughing at your expense, but it got lost somewhere. I still am. Laughing at your expense. Why are men so typical? That said, Gannon hasn't had a bad peach experience again, so we've continued with them...But then, he hasn't had an "experience" since the peach one, so who knows what lies ahead. Heads up!

jojo2324
02-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Well, the joke's on me I guess. Was I thinking that possibly his body would react differently to the same combo of cereal, peaches and formula? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. And Shawn had just scooted out the door 15 minutes earlier to go to work. Maybe it's for the best, because I think this would have reduced him to tears... :D

newbelly2002
02-12-2003, 05:22 PM
All in the name of love, right?

Just keep telling yourself that. Well, that, and the stories you will humiliate him with in front of his girlfriend years hence (G-man that is, not Shawn).

Glad I could give you a smile.
Paula

gravymommy3
02-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Y'all pray for me. My 15 mo. old, who up to this point has wanted nothing much to do with solids, decided last night to try some of my chinese food. Can't wait for that on the other end. I mean, this is a child that can take mashed potatoes (in a very small quantity) and turn them into burnt tires. And my husband never seems to notice the stinky diapers, so I get stuck with them. Can't wait!

Amy

juliasdad
02-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Thank you, one and all, for

1) getting coffee all over my keyboard and monitor, and

2) convincing my DW and I that "we" will continue
breastfeeding with no solids for the foreseeable
future.

-dan

Sandy
02-18-2003, 04:40 PM
If you think peaches are bad don't ever try chicken chili. Alexander at 11 months can pretty much eat any solid food fairly well. His six little teeth seem to be all he needs right now and he really loves to eat (read big chubby baby).

On saturday I was having some chicken chili with beans and little chunks of tomatoes and chicken in it and feeding Alexander his usual fruit when he decided mommy's lunch looked much better and made his preference known. He slapped his little hand on his high chair tray and grunted away while pointing and looking at my chili. I though okay I'll give him a little taste. What a mistake. He was in hog heaven and kept demanding more. He ended up finishing my chili.

Well all day long he kept farting away. When we were at the store I would have to go the next aisle just to escape from his last fart. Unfortunately you could only escape till his next fart. As I try to get my grocery shopping done without gagging I thought oh well at least you're not dumping. Now normally Alexander takes about 3 dumps a day and not small ones either. (side note: DH is hilarious, he is convinced that Alexander is abnormal as he has talked to his friends and he says in the most indignant voice you can imagine " nobody else's kid takes three dumps a day".)

Well Alexander did not dump at all until we were coming home from having dinner at a friends house. He then decides to take the mother of all dumps and has the first blow out he has had in at least 3-4 months all over his carseat. The whole car reeked. (I'm starting to gag all over again just thinking about the stink he created.)

We grabbed him out of the seat as soon as we got home and brought him in to change his diaper. Not only was this dump HUGE!!!, it also had whole chunks of beans and tomotoes in it. YUCK!!!!!

Well I made DH go down and take the carseat cover off the roundabout and we seriously considered just throwing the whole seat out and getting a new one but since they are fairly expensive (I could get a new stroller instead LOL) we ended up washing it.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

sweetbasil
02-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh my gosh, Sandy- I'm laughing hysterically here!

I think our near-worst food experience has been (consistently) with kiwi fruit. The poop is green, and all the little seeds get caked to his little tooshie, so we have to glove up with the wipe and pick each one off of there. Here lately, he's been giving us commentaries about how bad his diapers are smelling- like being on the receiving end isn't bad enough, we've gotta get the play-by-play from the toddler too? At least he's started thanking us for changing them, though. Man- a potty trained boy will be a welcomed change around here! :)

jojo2324
02-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh no, Sandy, that is just too much!! I would have been inclined to toss the carseat as well. We've had to do away with a few onesies, but I could see how you might pause before chucking a Britax. I will definitely keep chicken chili to a minimum. I am giggling here, thinking of you hurrying down the various aisles at the grocery store, trying to escape the enormous stench that is your boy! Too funny!! :D

Sandy
02-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi Joanne,
I know that you will appreciate this. The funny thing is Alexander just did this to DH last week when he was taking a bath with him. Check out this link.

http://www.cutestuf.com/flash_0203/splishsplashbaby.cfm

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

jojo2324
02-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Okay, first of all, WHERE did you find that? That was too funny. We haven't reached that point yet, but we did have an incident at swim class today. Let's just say that while I was supporting Gannon's tush my hand got very warm and started to vibrate. And then the bubbles came to the surface. I was laughing so hard. It must have been the sweet potatoes.