PDA

View Full Version : Avent Disposables - Formula Mixing Question

mdefalcony
02-12-2003, 01:27 AM
Just how easy is it to mix powdered formula on the go in an Avent Disposable bottle? Does it clump?

egoldber
02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I didn't use Avent disposables, but I did use other disposables. Personally, I was never able to mix "on the go" in these bottles. I could never get it to mix to what was, to me, an acceptable consistency. I have found that the brand of formula used made a big difference since they have different consistencies. Also, using very warm water to mix with made a big difference.

HTH,

RiaHannam
02-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I have not tried the Avent disposable, but with my other children I used playtex nursers with the wide mouth NUK nipple. I could only mix 6 oz bottles on the go (as 8 oz barely fits in the disposable nursers). I'd have the powder already measured in the bottle, then add premeasured warm water to it and shake. I'd have the warm water in a regular reusuable evenflo bottle with a cap (like the caps that come with the medela bottles you pump into). I found that Similac mixed less foamy than Enfamil (or was it the other way around??!!) and had no big problems with it. The bummer was that I could only make 6 oz at a time.

HTH,

Maria
EDD 5/9