PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Powder Formula in Large Batches-Dumb QUes.

bnme
02-12-2003, 09:21 AM
I thought I read here that someone(s) mixes 32oz of formula at a time (can't find post). If so, I was wondering how do you know how much powder to use? My Enfamil Lipil has instructions for 29oz (1 cup plus 1 scoop) but the pitcher I have does not have a 29oz marking. What a pain!

I guess I should just use 1 cup plus 1 and a half scoops per 32oz of water????

egoldber
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
That was probably me. I just followed the directions on the Enfamil can and was probably guesstimating it to be 32 ounces. I actually used a bottle to measure the liquid into the lender, mixed it up and then trnasferred to a Rubbermaid pitcher.

HTH,

JMarie
02-12-2003, 01:37 PM
If your pitcher has a one quart marking, that's 29 ounces, I believe. My Lipil cans have that measurement for one quart of formula. HTH.

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

bnme
02-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Thats the weird thing...It doesn't! Just 8/16/24/32 ounces. I wonder if other brands use those amts. The reason I'm saying its weird is because I bought this at BRU, its made specifically for mixing formula so you think they would take that into consideration when designing the product.

Anyway, I measured out 29oz in another container and made a marking on this pitcher since I like the pitcher in general.
:)

egoldber
02-12-2003, 05:05 PM
One quart is 32 ounces. But if you add 29 ounces of water to the appropriate amount of powder, you get about 32 ounces yield.

If you want to use the 32 ounce marking on the pitcher, add water to 32 ounces and then add 16 scoops into the water. Personally, I had more trouble counting out 16 scoops without loosing count than I did measuring out 29 ounces of water!

HTH,