PDA

View Full Version : Easy Expression bustier?

karin4
02-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Has anyone used the Easy Expression bustier?? It's a zip-front contraption that holds the breast shields of a breast pump in place so you can have you hands free while pumping. It's kind of ridiculous looking, but I do hate not being able to do anything else while pumping, and I was wondering whether it really holds the pump in place well enough to free me from holding them.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's site if anyone's curious:
http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/

Thanks for any feedback!

Karin

parkersmama
02-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Wow! What a contraption! I've never tried anything like it but I'm not sure it would work for me. I have large breasts and have always had a little problem positioning the funnels on my pump just right...any slight movement and they shift and OUCH! LOL! When I was pumping at work a lot I would get everything set up and then use my left arm to hold the funnels in place so that I'd have my right arm free to use the computer. That's actually how I got started reading bulletin boards...browsing the net while pumping!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

MinnieMouse
02-13-2003, 11:10 AM
I typed up this response to someone when they asked about the Medela hand's free bra....

There's no need to spend xtra $$ on a special bra. I got this great tip from the Working & Pumping Board at parentsplace.com. As long as you have a nursing bra that hooks on the top...it works wonderfully!

Just get two rubberbands...place each around the "neck" of your pumping cones...place the other end of the rubberband on the top "hook" of your nursing bra and start the pump. The suction of the pump will keep the pressure on and the rubber bands keep it in place...viola...hands free pumping! And all for the price of two rubberbands.

Just a side note though...I had to play with a couple different sizes and shapes of rubber bands, not all worked the same....and it DOES HURT if one of them snaps!! OUCH!!

This tip made my 9 months of pumping for dd (sometimes 4-5x a day) at work MUCH easier. I could do work on the computer (or read message boards) while pumping away. I don't know what I would have done without knowing this!

HTH

Christine

Lisa_Seattle_2002
02-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I wear Bravado bras which have snaps rather than hook/eye flap closures. So, when I was looking for a way to pump hands-free I would have had to buy new bras to do the rubber band method. Instead I got a "hands-free pumping bra" from Motherwear. I LOVE IT. It is very comfortable and makes pumping a lot easier & more relaxing (read: easier let-down, more milk) ... I make phone calls, update my Palm Pilot, read, etc. Here's a link:

http://www.motherwear.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=559A6C24-2168-48D3-ABD4-B1DBF174733E-31546693&MainCatID=0&catID=6&sl=0&Clearance=0&productID=2445

parkersmama
02-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Motherwear has a coupon right now for 10% off all nursing bras. I think it's good until 2/28. The code is SPY1.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003