PDA

View Full Version : Another 'which pump' post :)

rosaphile
02-18-2003, 11:40 PM
As I approach the time when my boobs become something other than large useless (well, unless you ask DH) bumps on my chest :) I have been considering which breast pump I should get. I thought I'd ask you all for your recommendations....

I'm having twins, and plan to bf exclusively. I'll be staying home with them so for the most part (barring any latch problems - fingers crossed) it will be the boob for them. But I also want to be able to express the occasional bottle for them and possibly - okay, I know this is ambitious - pump enough to donate to a milk bank, once we get bf'ing established.

I wouldn't say money is no object, but it's not a huge issue (hooray for the tax return).

Sooo, given all that.... I'm having a hard time deciding whether to just stick with the Avent Isis or splurge on a really good one, like the Whittlestone. Any thoughts/advice?

chucksmom
02-19-2003, 10:50 AM
I know people have very different opinions on this, but I have both an Isis and a Medela pump in style and I like the Isis much better. It is more comfortable, more convenient and I get just as much out of it. I can obviously only do one side at a time and I rarely pump-my ds is a big eater and I am home with him, there's not much opportunity to use the pump. I think if I was working I would feel differently but for my needs the Isis is great.