PDA

View Full Version : Which pump is best?

Erika H
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
I am 6.5 months pregnant and plan on returning to work after 3 months. I'm wondering which pump is the best for working moms. My cousin suggested the Medela Pump In Style, while my sister recommends the Mini Electric Pump - she says that if I continually pump both breasts at one time that eventually when the baby is feeding, the other breast will leak. Has anyone experienced this? I'm more concerned with purchasing the best pump possible than how much I'm paying. Is there anyone that has used both and has a preference?

Thank you,

Erika H.

Momof3Labs
02-19-2003, 04:49 PM
I use a PIS, and highly recommend it, but the Whittlestone seems very interesting.

I don't agree with the comment about double-pumping leading to leaking - I certainly haven't experienced that. Personally, I would recommend a double pump because it will cut your pumping time in half when you are at work - very important!!

parkersmama
02-19-2003, 05:00 PM
I used a PIS for a year with each of my first two kids. It's a really great pump. I agree with Lori...I never experienced the other breast leaking thing. Maybe that was just unique to your sister??

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

COElizabeth
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
I agree with Denise. Neither my sister nor I has ever used a double pump, but we both (to varying degrees) have had leaking on the other side when nursing or pumping one one side. I doubt that the double pump was the cause of her leaking. I have the mini-electric and like it fine, but I don't think it's nearly powerful enough to use for pumping regularly at work.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02