PDA

View Full Version : Adiri Breastbottle Nurser

MartiesMom2B
02-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I visited my birthcenter's lacation station today and I saw the Adiri Breastbottle Nurser. It supposed to similate the breast better than any other bottle. Has anyone used one of these? Is it worth getting one?

Also for those who breastfeed, when is a good time to introduce a bottle to a newborn?

Thanks,

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Momof3Labs
02-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=686&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=38&iProductID=686

I've heard that babies don't like it any better than a regular bottle - the few people I know of who have used it have had mixed success.

In my opinion, I don't see why you would offer such an expensive bottle option. Stocking up on these $13 bottles could put you in bankruptcy! Start cheaper (even Avent, which is expensive, is much cheaper than these) and if NOTHING else works, it might be worth giving it a shot.

I've been told that the best time to offer a bottle is at 4-6 weeks. By then, bf'ing is established, and baby is unlikely to refuse the bottle. In order to keep bottle skills fresh, continue to offer a few bottles a week. Babies do change their minds and develop opinions! That said, many people offer bottles earlier or later with success, so there is no hard-and-fast rule (or guarantees) on when to first offer the bottle.