PDA

View Full Version : Best Bibs

Andrea S
02-25-2003, 03:43 AM
Which ones are the best and where can I find them.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

egoldber
02-25-2003, 10:46 AM
My favorite bibs are Bumkins bibs. You can find them at the Right Start (on-line and stores), the One Step Ahead catalog and also places like naturalbabies.com.

I love these bibs. They clean very easily, dry super quick and fold down to practically nothing for carrying with you when out and about. I have 5 and they are all I use.

HTH,

sweetbasil
02-25-2003, 11:14 AM
I love that Bumkins style, too- and they're all we use (we have some knock-offs from Babies R Us and Target). The clear plastic pocket at the bottom is perfect for catching pieces of food that slip off the table/out of baby's mouth, too.

parkersmama
02-25-2003, 11:28 AM
I vote for Bumpkins, too! They are just fantastic. They can be wiped off easily or even run under the tap to be cleaned and they air-dry easily for the next use. I wash mine in the dryer and usually hang them dry but I've occasionally tossed one in the dryer (even though they say air-dry) and they have been fine. They have nice coverage, too. They are all we use as well.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

trumansmom
02-25-2003, 11:29 AM
I love Baby Bjorn bibs for home, and use Dex bibs for the diaper bag. The Dex bibs are a sort of oil cloth bib with a snap together pocket to catch mishaps.

Good luck! Finding the right bib is sooo important! We went through several varieties before landing on these two.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

mamahill
02-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Another vote for Baby Bjorn bibs. We have a Bumpkins but only use it on the road because it can fold. Ainsleigh grabs the bib and wipes her face with it, thus smearing whatever happens to be around her mouth or what dripped onto the bib all over the place. The BB bibs are a stiff plastic and she can't wipe with them! It was pretty funny watching her the first few times try. And the scoop in the bottom catches bits of food that she snacks on throughout the meal (another funny thing to watch)!

nohomama
02-25-2003, 02:27 PM
My favorite Bumkins bib is the art smock style with sleeves (http://www.babyworks.com/smock.html). I have especially loved this bib through the fall and winter when I've had Lola exclusively in long sleeves. I think Joann mentioned using this stlye of bib underneath a Baby Bjorn bib which I think is a great idea.

juliasdad
02-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Heh. I went out a few weeks ago and bought a 3-pack of Bumpkins bibs based on all the praise I've seen here.

They *are* great for cleaning, and they dry fast. Wonderful concept.

Julia, though, seems to like them even more. She will not stop playing with these bibs if they're on her while we're feeding her. Her hands and arms get into the messy areas on the bib, then we grab a fistful of bib and wipe it all over our face before seeing how much of the bib we can get into our mouth. Then we'll make sure to spread the mess to both sides of the bib so that it'll get on our outfit, too.

It was funny. For 10 minutes. :-)

I think we're going to try a Bjorn!

-dan

cara1
02-25-2003, 03:16 PM
I also love Bumkins. Except for one thing. My DS loves to pull off his bib since it fastens with velcro. I don't want to get a bib that ties, and they don't make Bumkins with snaps. Any suggestions?

Sandy
02-25-2003, 04:23 PM
We have tried a ton of bibs and have almost 1 of each. Baby Bjorn, Tommee Tippee, Pelican, Bumkins and we have found these are all good with some differences.

If you are looking for a good bib with snaps the Dex bib mentioned above has snaps and can be rolled small to use when out and has a nice built in scoop food catcher.

The tommee tippee (plastic with a scoop similar to a baby bjorn) doesn't have a snap exactly but it is very similar to a snap (plastic button that fits through a couple of different wholes depending on how tight you want it. This worked out much better for us than the Baby Bjorn bib which is a great bib but not good for babies with larger necks.

We also have the bumkins bibs smock and regular and love these. These fold up the smallest and are easy to wash. I throw them in both the washer and dryer and have not had any problems.

Can you tell Alexander is a messy eater by the number of bibs we have and have tried?
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

trumansmom
02-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Once again, I vote for the Dex bibs! They snap around the neck. I bought mine at a local baby shop, but I know once upon a time they had them at www.kidsurplus.com.

They either wipe down easily, or I throw them in the washing machine and lay them out to dry. They dry within minutes.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

littlemammma
07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I know this is a really old thread, but I wanted to share my bib discovery. Lots of people here recommended the Baby Bjorn bib, a soft plastic bib that is easily washable. I found the Pelican bib which is the same thing and supposedly the original one and it is half the price of the baby bjorn!!

hellokitty
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
The DEX are the best! I tried the bumkins and it would never catch the amt of food that the DEX did.

jerigirl
07-20-2010, 05:49 PM
We are still using the Walmart DEX knock offs. They are awesome!!!

nupe
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I really loved abetterbib.com 's long sleeved bibs for my messy eaters!

hellokitty
07-20-2010, 09:29 PM
We are still using the Walmart DEX knock offs. They are awesome!!!

Walmart has a knock off of DEX? May I ask what brand it is and what it looks like? I need to buy an extra one, I rotate them and right now only have two.

AshleyAnn
07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I havent tried bumpkins but I adore Carter's waterproof bibs. I get mine from Target in the 'first year' section of the baby department in 3 packs for $8. They have a larger size I haven't tried called mealtime bibs, I think they are the same thing. They are truely waterproof but don't get all funky in the dryer. They also velcro on one size not at the back of the neck and its much easier to put them on and remove them and I think they are more comfortable for DD.

longtallsally05
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
The Sally Huss bibs at Wal-Mart are the only ones that have pockets that actually stay open and catch crumbs. They have 4 snaps at the bottom of the bibs that help you form the pocket. The bibs are about $4 each and totally worth it.

ohiomom1121
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Walmart has a knock off of DEX? May I ask what brand it is and what it looks like? I need to buy an extra one, I rotate them and right now only have two.
They are identical...I bought them years ago and they used to say Dex on the tags but the newer ones have the Parent's Choice label I think. The material now is a little thinner than the earlier ones (5 years ago) but they work just as well. The artist is the same on the bibs too, Sally Huss or something? Kmart carries them now as well, but can't remember what their brand is. I buy them to include in every baby gift I buy, love them!!!

jerigirl
07-24-2010, 05:32 PM
They are identical...I bought them years ago and they used to say Dex on the tags but the newer ones have the Parent's Choice label I think. The material now is a little thinner than the earlier ones (5 years ago) but they work just as well. The artist is the same on the bibs too, Sally Huss or something? Kmart carries them now as well, but can't remember what their brand is. I buy them to include in every baby gift I buy, love them!!!

Yeah we bought ours about 3 yrs ago when DS started eating table food. We have 3, one stays in my bag and 2 stay at home and I rotate through them all and pop them in the dishwasher to clean periodically. Just now after almost daily use, the material around the snaps is starting to tear. So I will definitely stock up for DS2 when the time comes.

DebbieJ
07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
I cannot find the Sally Huss/Dex bibs at WalMart anymore, but they have them at Meijer!!!!!!! I was so excited b/c I refuse to shop at Kmart.

cath_b
07-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Another vote for the bumkins bibs for ease of use, ease of clean, comfort, very light and non bulk portability!