PDA

View Full Version : Using Nursettes on-the-go

bnme
02-25-2003, 06:16 PM
I am currently using nursettes when I am out, mainly becuase my 7wk old won't yet take a cold bottle. At home we feed him powdered formula which is prepared a head of time and warmed for 1 to 2 minutes (cutting back on the warming time to get him used to cooler temps). We use Avent botttles and I have been taking a couple of nursettes AND a couple of bottles in the diaper bag and as you can imagine this takes alot of space for an outing to the mall!

I have been hesitant to use the nipple for the nursettes since they are so different from the Avent nipple (tiny). Does any one use them? Where do you buy them? Any other solutions for using nursettes?

Also, I don't plan on using the nursettes forever. I think I'd prefer to take prepared bottles once I can get him used to having them chilled.

Any advice apreciated!

brubeck
02-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Instead of using nursettes, why not bring bottles of water along with the individual packets of formula powder? Pre-measure 4 oz of water into each bottle, pour the formula packet into the bottle and shake! Instant room temperature formula.

I know you can also buy special bottles that have caps that keep pre-measured formula (from your can at home) in a separate compartment. When you are ready you twist the cap, dump in the formula and shake.

If you really want to use the nursettes nipples I think you can buy them by the case from Similac. I think it's a waste to buy nipples you can only use once though. They are the same size as standard nipples from other standard bottles.

bnme
02-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks!
I don't know whay I forgot about that option...it's been mentioned here before. I will try that next time. I really just prefer the powdered formula so much anyway.