PDA

View Full Version : Purely Yours Pump with Avent Bottles?

llzink
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
I just purchased the Purely Yours Breast Pump and it only come with 2 storage bottles. I was going to get more but I heard about a breast feeding conversion kit by Avent. The kit allows you topump directly into the Avent® bottles for collecting, heating, and feeding. Does anyone do this? Does the Purely Yours Pump work with this conversion kit. Also, I am considering using storage bags with disposible bottles. I am very convused about what I need to buy and what products will work best. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Tracey1
02-27-2003, 03:46 PM
I used the Avent adapter with the Purely Yours pump - it worked great, much easier than having to transfer the milk into the Avent bottle for feeding. I used the reuseable bottles, but the adapter should work on the diposable bottle just as well. If you are going to use the storage bags to freeze milk, be sure that they are specifically 'milk storage bags' not just bottle liners.

sarsah
03-01-2003, 09:01 PM
I used the Avent 'adapter' to pump directly into the bottle using the Ameda Purely yours and it worked great. I actually bought two 'adapters' so I could pump into two Avent bottles at once.

For freezing, after pumping, I dumped the contents of the bottle into the Avent storage bags and froze them.

I tried the Avent disposable bottles, but found them to leak quite a bit, so I ended up using the Avent reusable bottles exclusively and was much happier with them.

All you really need to buy is an Avent adapter (or two if you want to use them on both sides at once), Avent bottles and some storage bags. The Avent storage bag clips are the same as the generic bag clips sold in a lot of discount stores and also the same at the ones Pamperd Chef sells, so unless they are the cheapest, you don't need to buy the Avent specific clips. Also, a twistie will work just a well, just set the full, closed plastic bag in a cup and put it into the freezer -- this will make sure the bag stays upright and doesn't leak until it's frozen (then it doesn't matter which way it's stored). When you're ready to use it, thaw it and dump into a bottle and you're ready to feed.

Sarah.....Jason's Mommie

daisymommy
03-06-2003, 03:37 PM
I bought this conversion kit at BRU for $9.99. It comes with one conversion piece, and two bottles (which are worth about $4.99 each anyway, so it's like getting the piece for free!)
Good Luck