PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Boston Billow?

Lisa52503
03-02-2003, 12:03 PM
I just had my breastfeeding refresher course at the hospital and the lactation consultant there recommended a nursing pillow called the Boston Billow. It looks similar to the Boppy but has a wider opening, is lighter, and is filled with polybeads instead of foam. I'm a plus size and I don't think the Boppy would fit me very well. Does anyone have one of these Boston Billow pillows or has tried it and can give me their opinion?

http://www.nursingbillows.com/index.htm

Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-02-2003, 02:51 PM
I thought the original Boppys were filled with the polybeads and were recalled and redesigned because kids could choke on the polybeads if the pillow ripped? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

nitaghei
03-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi!
I just had a consultation with a LC on Friday - and she had this pillow. It is really nice. I am thinking of getting it - even though I already have a Brest Friend pillow. No noisy velcro, and very light and flexible.

Nita
mom to Neel, 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

malisa
03-04-2003, 05:19 PM
I have the boston billow and absolutely love it. I also have the brest friend nursing pillow (received both as gifts) but much prefer the boston billow. It's so much lighter and therefore not as hot. After dd was born I would get so hot when I was nursing, I assumed it was the hormones. Anyway, the boston billow is also flexible which I find very helpful, I can smush it down where I want or fluff it up. I also had a c-section and it was particularly kind to my tummy. I have used the boppy and still like the boston billow better.
Best of luck.

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02