PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with bottles when you're done for good?

LisaS
03-05-2003, 04:24 PM
DD just stopped using bottles and is now completely on sippys.
Do you throw the bottles out?
Do you save them for your next baby and just resterilize when the time comes?
Do you save the bottles and throw out the nipples?
And also, what about pacifiers (we still use them, but I'd imagine probably the same "rules" would apply when dd gives them up).

I haven't found anything either for or against saving them (for hygenic/medical reasons) in any books. My initial thought was of course I'd save them, but I just wanted to see waht others have done and find out if perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks.

caroliner
03-05-2003, 05:56 PM
I am going to throw out the nipples and save the bottles. I'll get new nipples for the next baby and sterilize the bottles when that time comes. The pacifiers I am throwing out.

parkersmama
03-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I have used Avent bottles with both kids so far. I saved everything (bottle-wise) from my first son but when I was ready to use them when ds#2 was born the nipples were yucky. I threw them out and bought new ones. This time when I put them away I went ahead and threw away the bottle nipples and kept the rest. If I use bottles with this baby (I'm not working as much now and may not need them) I'll buy new nipples. As for pacifiers, I have kept the first one from each child as a keepsake (is that weird??) but thrown all the rest away.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Marisa6826
03-06-2003, 12:34 PM
If they're Avent bottles, they convert to sippy cups! Just thought I'd let you know...

-m

atlbaby
03-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Denise,
I kept one of Arielle's pacifiers as a keepsake too! (so maybe we're both weird?) :)

I used Avent bottles too, and threw out the nipples and plan to use the bottles when #2 arrives and buy new nipples.

Hope you are feeling well and getting (some) rest!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

parkersmama
03-06-2003, 06:37 PM
I guess we're both in the weird club, then! LOL! I've actually had a pretty good day today. Unfortunately I've come down with a cold but so far it hasn't gotten to me too much. I think Tuesday was the worst day this week...if they were all like that I'd probably have to confine myself to bed! Thanks so much for asking. :-)

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

LisaS
03-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks, they are Avent, and I tried to use them w/the sippy spouts but she didn't really take to them and they were always leaking b/c I had to take the valve out to get a better flow. We've had much better luck with the playtex and gerber sippys. It would have been convenient if she had liked the avents, though.